Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iron supplements

• 23-06-2022 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

I had blood tests done and was told I was low in iron and to take iron supplements. I had to stop taking them as they were causing me to have terrible diarrhea. Anybody got any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,007 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Were they prescribed? Those are usually much stronger than over the counter iron and cause the upset stomach you describe. They are hard on the system.

I had a similar issue, but it was the result of illness. I had an iron infusion in the hospital and was prescribed Iron meds. They didn't agree with me at all, so I tried Active Iron and no problems. Now I use Iron Fizz from Holland and Barrett. Same thing, no ill effects and blood test results are fine now.

All the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭apache

They were prescribed. Thanks very much Spanish Eyes. I will deffo try them. They might help the tiredness and lack of energy without any nasty side effects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭GoogleBot

Get iron in natural form like lamb liver has plenty of iron and cost pennies. But don't overdo iron is hard to get rid of and large amounts can cause health problems in a long run. 

Advertisement