Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling song as download

Options
  • 24-06-2022 3:16pm

A friend of mine is releasing a song on CD. He does not have money to produce a lot of them. There is some interest in it but he could end up with too many or too few

i wondered if it could be sold online, as a download. How would you do that? I have the CD it and ripped it as a wav and also as an mp3. Is it a wav you would offer as a download, could you do it from facebook and how would people pay.? He is giving the money to charity, i don't know which one

Comments

It must have started out in digital format, that's how things are done, using music software eg logic. Then it needs to be mastered before release, then converted to 24 bit wav (some digital distributors will take 48 bit, which is optimal sound quality, but typically 24 bit is the standard).

Pick a digital distributor (distrokid would be my recommendation) and upload, create a Spotify artist profile etc.

Whoever produced the song in the first place should have the master on their hard drive.

If it wasn't professionally produced, don't bother. Spotify won't accept it.

Advertisement