Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secure single paper document storage?

• 24-06-2022 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

I understand that in the past it was common practice for banks in Ireland to store envelopes in local branch vaults but that has been phased out.

Is there some other way to securely store a paper document with an institution or service short of paying for a safety deposit box in one of the private companies for storing gold etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,066 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Solicitors will often hold documents with your will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,994 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Don't know if this helps but I've had to store some documents for my mother since my father died and I got a small fireproof document safe from Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0158OFOC6/ . Its a little expensive but its the cheapest one that is actually rated as being fireproof - forget all the cheap chinese document bag tat that is about as fireproof as a can of petrol.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement