Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skerries tickets

Options
  • 25-06-2022 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭

Hi, I wrote to the Loughshinny club a while back asking this but got no reply.

Their sites seems to suggest you have to get tickets online at €30 for the two days. We just want to go one day, can you pay "at the door" and is it the same price for one day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭bladespin

Looks like online tickets only from what I read.

Edit: IMPORTANT NOTICE

Due to high demand with online ticket sales and the limited time left to our event, spectators can now pay on the day into the Country Crest Skerries 100 on 2nd & 3rd July.

Entry fee €30 per person which includes complimentary event programme (while stocks last) and under 16’s accompanied by an adult will go free. 

The online ticket portal will close on Monday 20th June @ 12 midnight.

LMSC thank all who have supported the club to date as we look forward to a great weekend of racing.

#countrycrest #skerries100 #onlineticket

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭GBX

You can now pay at the gate. From the Loughshinny Facebook page:

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Due to high demand with online ticket sales and the limited time left to our event, spectators can now pay on the day into the Country Crest Skerries 100 on 2nd & 3rd July.

Entry fee €30 per person which includes complimentary event programme (while stocks last) and under 16’s accompanied by an adult will go free.

The online ticket portal will close on Monday 20th June @ 12 midnight.

LMSC thank all who have supported the club to date as we look forward to a great weekend of racing.

#countrycrest #skerries100 #onlineticket

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Thanks, I see that now, they must have posted that since I last looked. Still no mention of a one day ticket though.

I’d imagine if it’s like Kells then there’s only 2 day tickets, you choose whether to attend both or just the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

I'm intrigued by the notion that you can be charged an Admission Fee to walk along a public Road ???

The Club have a Roads Closure Order. This simply means that the Road is closed to Motorised Traffic, nothing else.

They have not secured ownership of the road for the duration of the Event, and are not entitled to demand money from anybody.

I understand that there are Costs involved in running any Motorsport event, but these are usually covered by Entry Fees and Sponsorship.

For example, If I want to spectate at a Car Rally or a Hillclimb (both on Closed Public Roads) there is no Entry Fee.

Similarly, if I travel up to the NW200 I will only be charged if I want to sit in a Grandstand or enter the Paddock.

• Advertisement

I understand that there are Costs involved in running any Motorsport event, but these are usually covered by Entry Fees and Sponsorship.

Not even close to covering an event here anyway, insurance alone would be a multiple of that.

Thanks for the replies. I guess we have no option to pay, but really it leaves a bad taste in the mouth to pay for 2 days and just use 1, really think the club should reconsider this policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Think of it this way... you are only paying for one day & if you decide to stay for a second, well thats free...

These events are over 2 days so you're paying for entry to the event itself whenever you decide to go, the costs don't just happen on the one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

So, if I want to just go to view the Qualifying of an F1 I should pay for the following Day's Race as well ????? 😁

And, just in case anyone thinks I'm begrudging any Club's attempt to defray Costs...I'm simply pointing out that nobody has a Right to charge an admission fee to access a public road.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

My 7yo son would love to see a few bikes going by fairly fast (I showed him some IoM TT YouTube videos and he was intrigued..

is there anywhere to see the bikes going past that’s easily accessible and doesn’t require us buying 3 tickets for €90 to spend probably only 10-15 minutes there?

is there a map of the race course?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Too late for Skerries now. These are the remaining road races this year, you'll still have to pay

9th-10th July – Walderstown Road Races

16th-17th July – Faugheen 50 Road Races

29th-30th July – Armoy Road Races

Yep, tbh not sure why you would want to see the qualifying and not the race after???

It is what it is, personally I'm a big fan but think €30 might be expensive, that said kids are usually free and a program etc is included.

Right or not they all do, and are supported by the local authorities and garda, but feel free to protest at the barrier anytime you want lol.

Best of a very bad bunch of pics I'm afraid.

Advertisement