Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone had any experience appealing to SUSI

Options
  • 25-06-2022 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

Hi, so I applied for SUSI grant several weeks ago and since then I've been asked for every document possible. These have all been provided as requested. To give a brief description of my circumstances, I've been living abroad the past year in an EU country and was recently let go from work and decided to go to college.

I'm 24 years old and I previously did 1 year of a part time level 8 qualification at Griffith College, which I left to take the opportunity to move abroad.

I received a letter today stating that my application was rejected due to the following:

As per article 15(7)(c)(i) of the Student Grant Scheme 2022 applicants who previously attended, but not

completed, any Undergraduate Course at Level 8 of the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ), or

equivalent, will be required to complete an equivalent period of study on an approved Undergraduate Course

at Level 8 of the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) before being eligible to be considered for a

grant.

Now that year of college hasn't been an issue throughout the whole process so far and they've queried plenty beforehand. I funded this year of study entirely myself so I don't understand what bearing this has on any grant application.

I have the paperwork to prove this and my circumstances are fairly dire. Can anyone give me any ideas on what my odds of success are?

Advertisement