Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved] Mayo GAA Forum Ban

Options
  • 25-06-2022 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

I posted a comment in the Mayo forum in response to a poster making a derogatory comment against a deceased GAA player. No action was taken against the poster. I felt I had to post even though I was thread banned previously just because I countered arguments before in a polite way. Mayo posters and mods can't take any criticism and Mods immediately try and ban anyone who doesn't go along with their mantra. It's extremely poor that boards would allow comment such as was made against the named deceased player and when challenged on it chose to ban the person who pointed it out. This is not acceptable. I do not want to post in the Mayo forum but I should not be banned from the GAA forum. I feel strongly on this issue and the actions of the mod as inappropriate. There are standards in social media and boards.ie certainly fell below these on this occasion.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hi.

Can you confirm you followed the procedure for disputing a ban, linked to below? In this instance, you would need to send a PM to the moderator who banned you first before a ban can be disputed in this forum. It has happened in the past that bans are lifted following a cordial exchange of PMs, so if you haven’t already, give that a go first.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2056019884/instructions-on-how-to-dispute-a-ban-or-infraction

Cheers,

-Shield

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Green Peter

There's no talking to him, he has ready told me I'm going nowhere with it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Ok, thanks for confirming you tried to resolve it via PM to no avail.

The next step is for either Sports CMod @awec or @Steve to step in and take things from here.

Cheers,

-Shield

I take it they will be in touch, thanks

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

@Green Peter I have reviewed this.

You are threadbanned from the Mayo thread. You've been infracted 6 times this year for posting in the thread while being threadbanned.

Appeal denied.

If this trend continues you are unfortunately going to lose your access to the forum permanently. I suggest you stop posting in the Mayo thread, no matter what you read in there.

• Advertisement

I can understand the poster in the forum being an idiot, but this decision is a real case of circling the wagons, standards of moderation are extremely poor show bad judgement as in this case where a deceased player was mocked. The GAA forum in the past 24 hours has been a disgrace and unmoderated. But if you say anything about Mayo it's full moderation. It's clear the forum is dying and it's for these reasons it's slowly dying. I'll take my complaint to the press ombudsman. Thanks

Post edited by Green Peter on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement