Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society (Round 6) Dundrum House Golf Club (Co. Tipperary) (16th July 1032 hrs)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

For anyone who hasn’t been, once you go through the entrance gates the parking is the second right. Clubhouse is down behind the left side of the building.

There is no driving range in operation at the moment and no driving net as a new range is being built. There is a putting green close to the clubhouse however.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭bobster453

Glorious day in the Premier county..the home of hurling😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Good luck today everyone, enjoy the weather and the course, looking forward to reading through the postmortems!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

OK, all signed in and now over 20 degrees.

A hot one and hot scores expected.....

OK - Wow - a 12 hour day. Was like The Open, for epic round length.

In the build up I was concerned with the tee time set up - with a club comp off the blues and a society ahead , there could be double trouble ahead. It is disappointing , because everything else about the day was perfect, the course layout, the staff, the food, the facilities, a prize giving outside.

Whilst back to back wins in boards outings have a history of raised eyebrows - there was delight again at another great win and great gross score of 2 over by Spacecoyote.

Well done to some other great scoring by Slave and Seve - on what was a perfect day - but hard, to get into any rhythm for most.

Being Mid July - we were down on numbers - but we still made it a great day and a competitive outing.

I really like the course - a great variety of shape and holes. It was slightly rough around the edges, but what gave the course an edge were the mature trees and gentle changes in elevation.

We had a very relaxed day in our group (Golfgraffix (our sponsor), Harcrid (a local), Ciano (an animal on the tee) , - some great golf from all of us at times - but none of us played well over the 18 - We had an LD , and a best back 9 (23 pts) from Ciano.

Best shots were definitely all from Ciano - Big drives and a towering wedge game - very unlucky not to slam dunk from over 90 yrds on 16. A 1 inch tap in.

Hacrid - was very sound giving us lines - and paying full rate when a member of the club as a contribution to the society.

Golfgraffix is seriously focused to make the Jug team and his sheer determination is Tiger like at times - the various escalating scoring challenges as the round goes on are impressive (if mind challenging). He hit a brilliant shaped drive to win LD on 18.

Thanks for all the help again by the usual and the new - (Alan M on cards, Seve on Hcaps and time sheets pre round and cards post, Bobster with sun protection and general life guidance)

My own game is a bit of a mess at the moment - so near, but so far. In the build up, covid made a right mess of me work wise - and was a minor miracle I could make it at all. Still pulling everything again - everything.

After the long hot day, we had another and another presentation - Only two more outings to go - and another voice is on the way, new ideas and energy is always needed in life.

We sat down after, and had some great food , in a rare, still, warm outdoor Irish evening. The old stories and memories were flowing. I'm sure a few of us could have stayed there late into the night. Space looked his usual external, relaxed , happy , satisfied self. But for the people who know him and this game - we knew the real satisfaction could not be seen - that internal achievement , that internal meaning of a special day on the course. Maybe one day we will all have that feeling , just once - once more.........

Catch all at the next outing - a real Irish classic Tullamore - imagine we will be back to sensible round times.

I'll post something on captains day in next while - hopefully we get a good crowd, who can stay over and sign off on the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Snackbox20

Sounded like a great outing in the premier county. Congratulations to Spacecoyote on your win and really good winning score. Hope to see you all for the next outing in tool-amoré

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I’ll kick things off so…

Stupid slice on the first, poked it back through the trees and got a bogey which I was happy enough with. Lovely drive splitting the fairway on two, watched CharlieIRL hit his shot of the day with a high draw wood/hybrid from well back to fringe of the green, pushed my approach a mile right and another bogey. Well makeable birdie putt on the next which I left short, tap in par.

Perfect drive on the next and stuck my gap approach into the LHS bunker for some unknown reason, really was well off target, nice controlled sandy for recovery par. Split fairway drive on five, 70% gap to centre of green and two putt par with the par putt doing a trip around edge of hole.

Perfect 9iron length par 3 next and played off the hill on RHS to dribble onto the green, r1986 played same shot and sunk his putt for a two and I neatly followed in to steal some of his 2’s pot.

Fair wait on the next (a theme of the day) par 5, nice fairway splitter and layup and I went and missed a quite large green into RHS bunker, didn’t get up and down so bogey which was annoying. Pushed right drive on the next, tried to put Space off his game but it obviously didn’t work, nice approach over the mature trees off the back of the green but didn’t get up and down so bogey.

Golfing Gods must have turned on The Open as I scratched the next from splitting the fairway then topped my drive (first time in years) and ringed my bogey putt for a double, then had a brain fart on the par 5 and visited pristine bunker and another double from being in the middle of the fairway with my drive, oh dear.

NTP next, chance of redemption but I got a bad hop off the green into some dodgy rock hard patch, bumped on and got the par putt, routine two putt par on the next after long wait on tee box, the Gods seemed to have returned, they didn’t.

Long drive on the next, just a 25yard chip onto the green and I left it and the subsequent putt from off the green way too short so suffered a frustrating bogey. Found bunker off the next tee, duffed my recovery approach then went through the green for an inspiring scratch from nowhere.

Rage drive on 16 caught the trees on LHS, lost a lot of distance but the ball bounced to the fairway so perhaps the Gods took pity. I’d fuct a lot of approach shots so took my time on this one and I clicked what I was doing wrong, hit the green for a nice long lag and two putt par.

Resisted the long drive on 17 with lay up tee shot, had my approach sorted in my head so nice iron in for longish birdie I raced by but got the one back for par.

Just 18 left, well tired by now but hit nice long (for me) fairway splitter, mushed my approach right and left a knobby over the bunker from the rough chip, not the way you want to finish the round but just relaxed and almost holed the chip to leave it an inch or so from the hole for a tip in par and bit of relief, the par par par finish saved my round.

Thanks to the ever hard working committee and my playing partners on the day that each produced some lovely shots during the round and relaxing company.

The course slope rating is quite simply wrong though, it is way over stated from the Greens and we all had “surplus” shots as a result, the committee made a great intended decision to play off the greens but on this occasion I think got caught out.

Hats off to Space for a 2 over gross round, I thought after his excellent round in Greystones his handicap would catch him but fair dues for that round and back to back wins. Hopefully I gathered some points for GOTY but too far back to do any real damage.

See ye in Tullamore where I’m expecting great things from local member CharlieIRL

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

I'll be too honest (as usual) and say if people want to play more back - they are going to have to play faster.

Whilst yesterday was nothing to do with our society - in general we are still too slow as a group and need to improve more.

Also - a reminder handicaps are high in the society , and it is not a society for just lower handicaps players - or longer hitters.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Am surprised nobody has used the tagline “Trip to Tipp” yet or maybe ye are all too young to remember the original!!

I was looking forward to my return trip to Dundrum, from memory it was a lovely course and it didn’t disappoint. Fair play to the owners doing all the work around the course and the new driving range will no doubt be a fantastic addition when it’s completed.

I’ve tried to use a bit more course management lately and it’s been hit and miss, used my 3 wood in the first which only left a chip in to the green. I’ve done a massive amount of chipping practice lately and some of it paid off. I neglected my putting and it showed on the first with a 3 putt bogie.

Made an absolute balls of my tee shot on 2, so bad it landed in the bunker of the first green!! Chipped out and then as Slave said, I hit my shot of the day. Was 200m out so I aimed my hybrid right of the green to lay it well back and what did I do, started it off on the line I was aiming but it drew slightly and ended up at the front of the green, sincere apologies to the lads in front, I have never hit a ball so far with my hybrid.

par on the next after hitting tee shot into the bunker had me thinking, things are going ok then boom, two stupid scratches. Reset the head but overhit my tee shot on the next leaving a tricky chip back to a green sloping away from me down towards the pond. Made 4 so happy. Rest of my round was very hit and miss, some very decent long drives were followed by some wild chips. My putting from the second hole on improved and my lag putting saved me a good few times. I had a target of 36 points yesterday and to make a right mess of a few of the easier holes plus a shocking tee shot on 18 left me very frustrated with my game. From having simple pars to doubles from nowhere drives me nuts!!

Mist say again, some of the views on the course are absolutely fantastic, looking back down the 11th, wow.

Long overdue lessons starting tomorrow, should be fun in the heat, but hopefully it will get me back on track and in the right direction I was heading at the end of last year.

See ye all at my home course next time, a treat ye will all enjoy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Weird to feel disappointed with a 38, but i left so many shots out there in Dundrum. Putting from 4 feet for a par on the 2nd hole, only to 3 putt for a 6. Hit it slightly long on the 3rd, only to hit the back hill and settle nicely up against the wall (and then on top of a tree root for the next shot). Awful drives on 16 resulting in my first scratch of the day etc...

But some really good shots as well, and i was overall quite happy. Would definitely have taken 38 points before i started. Driving was overall really good, and my short game was working well after the 2nd. Birdie on the 11th was nice, and had 7 pars overall. Also ended with a 30 foot putt for par, after thinking i'd lost my ball (apologies to the lads behind, as i had to run back after a different group found it on their fairway) on the 18th.

Played with Concerned2 again, who i've played with a few times. Absolute gent again, and always enjoy our rounds. He had a slow start, but came on nicely in the end for a great 37 points. Was also playing with ******* (remember your name, but can't for the life of me remember your username - will update this later 😂) for the first time, and he had pretty much an identical round to me (beat me on the 6 hole countback). Hits the ball a mile when he connects, and his standout shot was a sky high wedge over some trees on the 15th (not sure of the hole) from around 80 yards to 5 feet for a birdie. Really enjoyable company, and always good to get in a few laughs during a round.

Course was great, and we certainly got the weather. Sorry i didn't hang around for much after the round, tiredness was setting in, and i wanted to make a start to the drive. And congrats to space, great round to win again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,531 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Hard to know where to start with the day to be honest and still a bit of processing on the way my round went.

Day started well...I didn't need to drive. Had the pleasure of a chauffeur drive down from Bohtoffee, so good chats in the car and a relaxed trip to Tipp.

Driving in through Cashel, the Rock looms large and its always a great sire to drive by.

Out in the second group with an old favourite, Tiger. Talk on the first of the Open, inevitably brought up discussion of our trip to St Andrews pre-Covid and Tigers epic round there. He took great pleasure I'm telling all who would listen that he'd gotten round the front 9 in the same number of strokes as his famous namesake. Was talking injuries at the start, and you know what they say about beware and injured tigers! Good start, but couldn't keep it going on the day unfortunately.

Two new faces joined us, Spuddy and the newly rebranded Manhatton. A few jokes about Snackbox causing that rename due to his little typo at a past outing 😂

The lads all started very well. Manhatton very steady across the board with his game. Has the potential to drop well once he can dedicate time to his game. Very tidy short game and a nice 2 on the 6th.

Spuddy, a gentleman throughout and played the round with a smile on his face. Ran some lovely approaches into the greens, but think the heat and length of day took its toll in the end

I was looking at the card and noticing I didn't have a stroke until the 6th hole, so would have to be steady golf to stay in range of a score. Managed a mix of pars, bogeys, and birdies through the opening 5 to get through in level 2s. Made my only real poor clubbing decision on 2 to put my approach into the bunker from about 80 yards out.

My only 3 putt of the day was from the back of the 6th green where I decided to Club up and take the water at the front out of play.

Turned with 18 points and kicked on from there.

Great drive to cur through the trees on 10 left me with about 90 yards to the pin, wedged close and rolled in the birdie.

A run of pars through to 14 where i rolled in about a 20ft putt for bird to go -2 for the back 9, and 1 over.

Bumped into Fix on the way down 15 and he was fishing for info, to see how his competition in GOTY was managing. Was tempted to say nothing, but let him know where I was at.

Pars through to the index 1 18th. Hit a good contact on my drive, but slightly pushed it, clipped a tree and dropped shirt, but in the fairway. Left about 220 out, hit a good approach, which missed left, chipped to about 5ft, but missed my par putt. Still, -1 back 9 and +2 overall for my best ever 18 holes.

Felt I actually had better in me, feels strange to say it after that score.

Have played some of my best stuff with the society over the last few years and its made me a better golfer... and yes Fix, I'll give you a credit for helping along the way, starting with following your break 80 thread and on through the winter matchplay this year.

See ye in Tullamore, a great trek, and a tough test.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

For the moment I'll just stick the results up, I'll waffle on about my own day later on

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ciano15

Had an enjoyable journey down in the company of benny and tiger in tigers van where i drew the short straw having to sit in the middle seat

had a really enjoyable round had the pleasure of playing with 3 people ive never played with before being fix, golfgraffix, and harcrid

Had a very poor start on my front 9 not able to get anything going right, started the back with a high fade over the trees down the center of the fairway leaving myself with a flick of a wedge and 2 putt par

Hit a soft pitching wedge into 12 which ended up being just outside nearest to pin at 10 feet 11 in onto 13 and there was 7 of us on the teebox and 2 groups heading down the fairway

Another big drive and 6 iron into the par 5 2 putts for the birdie

Onto 14 out with driver on my blind teeshot hit it looked well walking up the fairway not seeing it near the green seeing benny pointing down at their bags beside the teebox they were on ended up walking off with a very poor 5 couldnt get my shortgame going all day

Highlight of my round was 16 blocked my driver out right onto the 2nd fairway had 112 in pulled the 54* out of the bag hit the best shot i hit all day high towering wedge shot and landed on the green about 4 feet short of the pin bounced and rolled out hit the pin went backwards and rolled forwards for a tap in birdie less then an inch from the hole

17 lost my teeshot out right playing a 2nd ball from the tee landed on the green finishing pin high walking of with another poor 6 after a 3 putt

Onto the final hole index one ld hole doglegging left not suiting my shot shape at all, more suited to golfgraffix and his low draw, i put the ball out right onto the 1st hole had 177 in pulled out 7 iron and put it to about 8 feet and finished with a 2 putt par

Was a lovely course much rathered the back 9 with some of the elevations and views

Looking forward to tullamore another course i havent played see all there

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭bobster453

What a day.What a course.What a society.

Played with Alanm Bakerbhoy and Ballyk.Gents the lot of them and all good golfers.

Scored 36 and delighted to do so.

Granted every off line shot that hit a tree bounced back to the fairway..quite a few.If i could change my handle it would now be bob the bouncer.

Crowning glory was a hook on the 17th that skirted the big tree and ran straight over the bridge to stop playable 40 yards beyond the bridge.Of course thinking i could do no wrong at this stage i made a hames of trying a punch and run through the trees instead of just pitching to the fairway and finished with a scratch.

Delighted to win front 9 tho the Clubnet balls are too good for a hacker like me.Will keep them for Captains day methinks.

Picture shows my ball after its miraculous run across the bridge.Just happened to be a bridge too far for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭tigerwood1

I hate to say it but it looks like i need a bit of wind and rain to play my best stuff. With perfect conditions on saturday i started with a easy par and even though i was in prime position on the 2nd fairway the mad dogs in my head (as gary murphy would say) were telling me otherwise. Sure enough my game went south and hard as i tried not to let it, the tail went down and there was no coming back for the day..

It was my first time playing with manhaton and it was clear that his best is yet to come with some great chips and puts.

As space said spuddy played with a smile on his face all day but i think the stress of booking a nct the night before had taken from his game on the day😉.

Over the years i have played many a game with space and as usual he always encouraging and entusiastic to his fellow players. Rumour had it that his game had improved alot recently and sure enough he confirmed it with spectacular golf playing to his new hcp with ease with his lowest round ever two over gross (could have been lower). Well done space.

Hopefully will see yee all in Tullamore

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭BohToffee

Another great boards outing on Saturday started with the car journey and chats with space briefly interrupted by the excitement of Mr.corcoran on radio commentary duty and a quick Pitstop in ballacolla on the way for the essential cold water, it was going to be needed. Back to the car for the second half of the game and the trip to tipp. Met a few of the lads in the car park while setting up for the day. Had the pleasure of being in the first group with Kiith and Concerned2 a pair of gents...

Off we went shortly after 1030, off we went down the first I hit a booming drive with a lovely shape to it, followed by a duffed pitch, successful pitch and 3 putts, the achilles of my game most days... probably should have taken concerned's advice to hit the putting green...

Second green was a little better only 2 putts..

Third tee shot I blame the tee box but I pulled the a**e out of it into the abyss..

Fourth tee brought my second lost ball, no honours in our group, blasted a drive into the red stakes, bye bye ball, and made kiith think twice about his club selection..

Fifth I thought about my club selection, but not too much, decided 5wd, hot 7wd into the trees, found it and had a gap to the green, decided 9i would be enough, it'd either be bunker bound or smash a tree... Flew it over the green, into said bunker so low and hard it ran out of it onto the 6th blue tee's..

Between clubs on the 6th, hit pw aimed way right to use the natural contours, pulled it landed pin high rolled out to the back of the green, another 3 putt bogey..

To cut the review short, that tee shot was one of 2 highlights of my front 9... 7 more putts in 3 holes..

Back 9 didn't start much better, 3 in the bunker on 10, starting with a scratch.. the only way is up from here...

Had a look at a bird on 11, 2 putts meant my first par of the day.. back 9 comeback starts here.. I thought..

12th tee concerned2 knocks it close, I needed to follow and I did... close to the red tee's... Comeback over, that was short lived.

With an audience on 13th tee I drive it high and left into the trees, 'so far down it'll be safe' I heard... had visions of a tree in my swing but nope, it was in fact safe, 260 to the back, I'll pop an 8i over the trees here and be back in play.. clipped the top of the tree walked up to where I expected the ball to be, no sign, resigned myself to another scratch, kept walking and there she was about 50yds further than expected.. Another 3 putt followed..

Did manage to find my tree root off 14th tee, salvaged a point.. pulled 15th tee also, scrambled more points..

16 and 17 however will live long in my memory, great drive, duffed pitch, good pitch and putt from off the green for par, after watching kiith chip into and out of the hole, and concerned losing his drive only to find it much further on we all wLk away with par, never had that in a group ive been around... felt good about driving the 17th, pulled it again over the trees into clear space.. out comes the 56°, thought process, it's either going off the trees or getting duffed again, but it's 17 I got to go for it and at least think i can advance it to near the green... an audience of members behind me gentle swing, lofted it a mile over the trees 5ft from the pin... little wave to the gallery and onto the green, surveyed the 4 key clock times on my downhill putt, rolled it in, 2 holes, 2 putts onto 18 on cloud 9... Bubble burst by a tree down the right, a fair bit down there but also a fair bit back.. Won't be parring this one but who cares, I've just had my first boards birdie, and I think first for a while... And a hcap cut the this weekend, determined to not have the highest boards WHS next season...

Thanks to my playing partners for a most enjoyable round, the committee for again an enjoyable day the weather and the grub... And space for the company im taking 2% of credit for this win since you could arrive relaxed and ready to go...

On to tullamore, another first for me... Over and out, Bohtoffee.

Great posts all.......

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Great reads all and super round space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Great write ups. Congrats Space. Two wins on the trot 😲

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

Really enjoyed the day out in Dundrum. Weather was beautiful, the drive down was entertaining with the rugby in the background. Great company with Seve and Keith, and a clinic in 3 wood play put on by Keith.

The golf I played didn't match that of my playing partners sadly, both of whom played some very good stuff and went on to win prizes.

I had a horrific opening 7 holes returning 5 points, some decent shots in there but so much rust to be shaken off that my round was effectively finished at that point.

Improved with a good drive on 8 and went on a decent run scoring 2s and 3s until I scratched 16 and 17. Par to finish on 18 having hit the flag with a chip with my 3rd. Finished the back 9 with 20 points which I was happy with!

Looking forward to the next day out, will hopefully get a couple of rounds in beforehand to make sure I don't have another horrific opening!

As always, thanks to Fix and the committee for the organisation and work that goes on behind the scenes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

the highs and the lows of the weekend have finally settled and i've had time to reflect on my golf from the weekend.

really enjoyed the round down in Dundrum. It's a nice course. a nice combination of short and long holes to keep the mind ticking over. I'd say with a bit of course knowledge (distances and approach lines etc) you could really score well around there.

Started off slow enough, drives and approach play working well but my putting was letting me down badly. Had a bit of the putting yips the last couple of weeks and just can't make the putts stick, either going 10 foot past or leaving them 10 foot short. The greens in Dundrum for unforgiving enough without my putting woes and that just made it all the trickier. Don't think i've ever had so many 3 putts on a front/back 9. Pulled it back a bit coming towards the end of the front 9 and finished up with 15 points.

Back 9 definitely played out a bit better. picked up a couple of good pars and kept everything else to bogeys. Came out with 21 points on the back which i was delighted with. 36 points overall was enough to bump me right back into the top 5 on the GOTY standings, although anyone would be doing well to challenge Space for top spot at this stage.

It was nice to just sit out in the sun with a beer and some BBQ food afterwards, a lovely touch after a long morning/afternoon. The waiting around on the 13th/14th (cant remember) was tough. I think 14 people on the hole between fairway and tee box has got to be some sort of record.

unfortunately the good golf disappeared on Sunday when i was playing 1st round of the Captains in Beaverstown, where i went around in 82 Nett. The course made a mockery of me 😀 although at least now i don't feel too bad about missing the 2nd round this Saturday as i'm off to London for the weekend.

Again, thanks to Fix and everyone involved in the background for setting this up. The work is very much appreciated. Looking forward to another new course in Tullamore in August and hoping i can lock in that top 10 for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Great posts everyone, gives a great flavour of the day and makes me sorry once again to have missed it!

Congrats Space on another great round, it came as no surprise having played with you in Greystones and seen the the current command of your game that you have. I'll say current as the golfing gods be fickle, although you've clearly sold your soul, such is your consistency! 😄

So onto the Stinger Golf Post of the Outing. Lots of good ones to choose from on this one, but on this occasion the prize goes to forum stalwart @slave1

Congratulations, and well done to El Capitano and committee for keeping the show on the road as always.

Looking forward to hearing about Captain's Fix!

Nice win slave - might be worth sending a PM to Space to get a guide on sizing.

Look at colors in

• Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

should have posted this by now.... but forgot!

Well I was looking forward to making a return to Dundrum once it was confirmed on the calendar but a clash of dates meant a bit of finger crossing and some shuffling around had to be done in order to get my name on the sheet for this one, which thankfully I was able to do. A long drive, but a course that was well worth it. I have to say, I really enjoyed the course. In my experience resort courses like this tend to be long and tough, and maybe not somewhere you would enjoy being a member of. But this is most certainly a course I could play week in and week out. Found it very playable, but perhaps a little on the short side, even if we were off the forward sticks. I think they badly need to reassess the slope index though as it plays way easier than it represents.

Onto the game and I have the pleasure to play with 2 really nice guys in Rally23 & VW1 who I've never played with before. Not only nice lads, but they can play golf also and each of them had their moments and played some seriously good shots that wouldn't be lost on the DP tour. I had my moments also, and when I flushed my drive down the first to leave myself right in front of the green I thought it could be my day. But alas, my troubles of late have not been with the big dog, but the flat stick. A bit of practice has seen a big improvement over the last couple of weeks, but a dose of the yips is something I've never experienced before. It's horrendous, my blade is coming through at big angle, open/closed, head was fried and it bled out to my chipping also. thankfully I had it manly under control last Saturday, but still had my moments. Rally reckoned I left at least 6 out there with bad putting.

Driving was defiantly my strong point and with the exception of the 11th where I donated 2 brand new pro v 1's to the farmer next door, I had it pretty well under control with the highlights being driving the 14th green (well apron) and getting it to about 60 yards of the pin on the 17th and managing to close out those 2 holes with birdies.

I hit a great drive on the last hole, but took to much of the corner on and it got caught up in the trees to leave me with a long shot into the last green. 182 yards from the rough to the pin and I hit my best shot of the day, 5 iron to about 2.5 feet.... guess what?...... missed the putt 😓 it actually made no difference to the results though as Space had a savage back 9 and would have beaten my on count back anyway. But it was still nice to get a score and be in the mix because it's not ben going my way lately, and of course I badly needed the jug points.

At the moment I might not make any more of the outings this year, but I will be working hard to find a solution for the Captains Prize as it's somewhere the I love.

Un Sticky please.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Indeed!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement