Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hammerhead and shimano

Options
  • 25-06-2022 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

I’ve had a Hammerhead Karoo 2 for a couple of years now and found it very good. The navigation compared to Garmin I found very reliable. Unfortunately tonight I updated my Karoo only to be informed that Shimano have requested that their Di2 compatibility be withdrawn from Hammerhead. This means that I won’t be able to see my gear info or use the hood buttons to control the unit anymore. I find this very annoying and just giving a heads up to other users.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

SRAM bought Hammerhead so its a SRAM Shimano thing really. Shimano killed Pioneer last year (though they work with Wahoo Bolts as I have a Pioneer PM and Bolt) and SRAM wouldn't share it's nifty advanved powertap metrics outside of it's own android app so they both have form for this kind of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Yeah disappointing though. May have to resurrect the Garmin 1030!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Yeah it's a pain alright, especially considering the device itself is so good. I did get an email beforehand warning me about it and they said they hope to iron out the difficulty soon

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Can you not just roll back to the software that works and pause any further updates, we had to do that a few years ago when garmin fukced up an update that prevented livetrack from working.

Advertisement