Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to trim a powerpoint video

Options
  • 26-06-2022 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭

Used to be able to do this. Am useless at technology.

When I go into Onedrive and open up PowerPoint i go to upload a video. I can not find how to trim it?

Yet when I go to the desktop Powerpoint I go to insert video and I actually get a few choices (from this device, online etc) I ca trim the video as well.

But that is on the desktop version. What about if I am at work and I want to edit the powerpoint I would go into One drive but as I said I can not for example add a video to the PowerPoint that I created on the desktop and copied to Onedrive because I can not trim a video there? I hope you understand what I am getting at? What is the best way around this?

In short how can I work on a PowerPoint presentation at home and at work so that when I upload a video from Youtube I can trim it without any problem ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sherry Butierrez

Select the video border on the slide in Normal view. After selecting the video, the Video Tools section appears on the toolbar ribbon, with two tabs: Format and Playback. Click Trim Video on the Playback tab under Video Tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

I gather you have o356 and this allow to install office on 5 devices. Answer to your question - use same platform to have same toolkit - install office on other devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Am nit at all good at this but thanks for your comments. Am full of confusion.

In a PP I am doing at the moment I have lets say 6 slides and a few videos. In some of them when I click on the video it says Playback and then an option to Trim comes up on the left.

Yet in another video on the same presentation when I click on it no option to Trim video comes up.

What am I doing wrong?

Advertisement