Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steel Shed Planning

Options
  • 26-06-2022 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi, I’m looking to build a new 35-45sqm insulated steel shed in my back garden.

I was wondering if anyone has gone through the planning process on this and what’s involved? Did you use an engineer and what did they charge you?

I’ve looked at Steeltech and Shanette and the Shanette looks better quality but their lead times are quite long with delivery in October or later.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes, have lodged many of them for people.

If you know the style of shed you plan to purchase then that's great as the Planning Agent can submit illustrations of the proposal etc

Planning process is the exact same process as any other planning process, drawings, OSi Maps, Newspaper Notice, Site Notice, submission and payment.

Takes about 3 months to get Planning from the day you lodge once there's no issues.

Advertisement