Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simson Schwalbe

Options
  • 26-06-2022 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone has one of these great DDR build mopeds? been looking for one for a while but seems like there are very very few in Ireland... not surprisingly I guess. My partner (DDR born) has a gorgeous green one still in great running order in Germany and they're highly sought after there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,057 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

No idea but a friend of mine was working in Leipzig in 1995, I paid him a visit that summer (flew - I'd just got my bike provisional a few months before) and didn't see any Jap bikes, or even MZs, but there were loads of Simson mopeds, 50cc. /anecdote

Wikipedia tells me the Schwalbe was a 1960s four-stroke, probably quite rare these days even in the former DDR. All of the Simsons I saw in 1995 were 50cc two-strokes.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I had a 90s Simpson when I lived in Munich. Lovely little scooter. Always fancied a Schwalbe but they were mad money even 10 years ago.

Advertisement