Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smartphone listening?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭slystallone

Why isn't duckduckgo as good as it was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Switch off data and location when you are not using the browser or web apps .Go to settings Battery battery saver mode on, you can still make phone calls and send txts.use firefox browser instead of chrome .i don,t think your phone is listening to you location is only needed for apps like google maps

if you are going to turkey for operation you probably found the clinic on facebook ,social media or using google search

I never see ads. Must be the adblocker

And spam is not related to my searches..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,999 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It’s all being enabled by governments who are all only too delightedly to cow-tow to the need and wants of businesses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

The ads and locations not always correct either.

"25 horny women looking for men within 5km."

All forestry around here!!

I once got an email like that .5km from where I live. It named town

I connected a VPN with California ip and the women were then 5km from California

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Meta got fined €265 million yesterday for leaking 533 million customers data. 20 hours income. 50c per user. And you can be sure they will challenge it and stall.

With downsides like that for getting caught there's no incentive to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

🎶 If you go down to the woods today you might get a big surprise 🎶

• if you are paranoid about privacy I suggest using Tails OS, run from USB key, make sure you have good bridged access to Tor networks, a decent VPN and use protonmail for your email. Use all encryption tools to share files. Then you can relax, sit back, enjoy your web viewing. And I didn’t mention sock puppeting to you heart’s content 😁

Them if you want to help protect your computer data being breached by hacking use Qubes OS where all your data are put into little containers isolated from each other, so if one is breached the rest should be ok. Like locking all your rooms at night in case a burglar gains entry to one room he’ll find it difficult getting access to the next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

You should be more worried about people live listening to voice searches. No Idea how long the mic stays open...

Advertisement