Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tall, narrow screening hedge / plant

Options
  • 26-06-2022 11:11pm
    Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

I am looking for something that will grow to about 6ft, or at least be easily kept at this height, but is also relatively narrow and also is evergreen.

It's to go against a boundary fence as a further screen, to add a little bit more height onto the existing fence. I'll be building a raised bed for it to live in. The garden is small, which is why I don't want something that'll turn into an overbearing bush.

I considered bamboo, but I am too concerned that it'll break free of the bed and invade the neighbours garden. Portuguese laurel is another option, but my worry here is will it get too bushy and hard to keep tidy? Privet I think may be a bit boring.

Needs to be child friendly, so don't want anything with thorns etc, and it'll need to survive getting the odd whack with a ball.

Any other suggestions?

Comments

Advertisement