Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing civil records

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭montgo

All sorted.

I've been sent the civil record which was on Roots.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Just curious but can you tell me the reg details.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Was it a terrible mistranscription at fault?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Yes, that's why I asked too.

Please do tell. 😀

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭montgo

Sorry, I don't have the egistration details.

There was no transcription error of names or date. An omission on Irish Genealogy/Family Search? Strange...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

It's unlikely that both would have the same error.

The familysearch indexes (plus the copies at FMP/ancestry) are one creation. The Irishgenealogy set are a separate creation.

I did an analysis of the copies for an article I wrote and found a few discrepancies both ways.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭55Gem

There are registrations from that church for February but I tried a few others on the church register page and could find them on Irish Genealogy.

Example the priest is Patrick Ryan.

8074327.pdf (irishgenealogy.ie)

The local registration district is Grean and RootsIreland has Grean Civil Records of marriages 1864-1913 so it may be a case the local registration office of Crean didn't send all their records to the GRO, which is only showing one marriage in Aug 1877 from a different area.

Limerick Genealogy - Online Searching of Irish ancestral and genealogy records (Births, Deaths, Marriages) for Co. Limerick (rootsireland.ie)

Advertisement