Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CANON T90 LED DEAD

• 27-06-2022 1:06pm

HELLO,

I dug out my old 35mm SLR Canon T90 - it had been well stored. Replaced batteries. All good except the top plate LED doesn't work. Is there anything I can do about this after all those years without seeking to get it replaced (or another camera)?

Was there any way I could have prevented or do LEDs just wear ago long-term?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,119 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I assume you mean the LCD (screen).

I’ve no personal experience, but this is from the Wikipedia page on the T90:

”One issue is with LCD (liquid crystal display) life, a problem not unique to the T90. LCD displays age and wear out at a varying rate dependent on environmental conditions, use and other factors. Commonly quoted lifespans are about five to ten years;[3] thus, many T90s will have displays nearing the end of their lives, even if they have been replaced. The spare part is no longer available and no third-party replacement has emerged.”

Thanks Gregor! Yes I meant the LCD.

Advertisement