Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Sagemcom F3000 router replacement

Options
  • 28-06-2022 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,

I switched from VM to Eir and wonder if someone out there is using any other router than the FFTH Eir supplied F3000 from Sagemcom. If possible can I know a model that is working ? I would like to have full control of my router, but the F3000 is limited. For example there are only specific IPv4 addresses that I can select and IPs scopes for the internal network, not all options are available. Eir sasy that they cannot enable all the needed options. I was able to do so on my old VM router

Thanks

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭swoofer

This will work tp link archer2100 but I use ASUS RT-AX88U, there will be others

You need to change a few settings

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PVanderhelt

Thanks swoofer,

I found a older Tplink Archer A7 that I was using until 2 years ago, put the OpenWRT firmware, configured VLAN 10 and it's working like a charm, I wonder thought why Eircom keeps locking down their routers making life difficult to the users.

Advertisement