Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport - Today

Options
  • 28-06-2022 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Flew in from Majorca today, went well through passport checks etc……

My god baggage….. bags everywhere on the ground - obviously people that got sick waiting and had to leave without them eventually. No exaggeration I spoke to a group of 8 yanks - they were in baggage pickup for 5 hours sitting there shaking their heads.

The baggage issue desk was overgrown with people going crazy.

I felt lucky getting my bags after an hour and hitting the road.

Spoke to a couple of employees outside having a fag and it looked like they were people broken

Madness

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭davebuck

We've gone from Europe's most restricted travel lockdown during Covid to a very quick resumption of air travel with lots of staff gone.... Look at the amount of bars, restaurants, night clubs and Hotels still closed due to a lack of staff.

Banks, retail shops, travel companies all in the same boat

Lockdown for 2 years resumption not going to happen smoothly over a couple of months time for people to be realistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Noxegon

On the last three times I've landed into T1 the taxi queue has been beyond ridiculous. I've ended up walking from the airport to Kealys – it's much quicker to get one from there.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Use an app and head to area 18. Got there Sunday night, opened an app, booked a taxi and it was literally there in 10 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Tried that. Said it would be 1 minute, and after 5 it gave up saying it couldn't find a driver!

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I used Bolt. I find it the most reliable, next up Uber and last chance is Freenow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mr j tayto

Was there earlier today on a delayed flight from Majorca. 1.5+ hours waiting on baggage. The whole place is a mess and a disgrace for anybody using it.

If all top tier management had their wages cut by 50% until this mess was sorted out they wouldn't be long about getting the issues corrected.

If anybody else tried to run a business the way this place is run, they'd be out of business in jig time.

It's beyond a joke at this stage and heads need to roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭DubDani

It really is a global problem at this point. And while I am sure there are a few things Dublin Airport could easily address (cleanliness, for example), all other global airlines and airports face exactly the same challenges.

I have taken 5 flights in the last 2 weeks via 5 Airports (DUB, LAX, LHR, SGP & BKK) and not a single flight was anywhere close to being on time. Twice my luggage didn't make it with me, but had to be delivered via a different flight a few hours later.

Schiphol, FRA, LAX, CDG etc. all experience th same challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IQO

Was this in T1 or T2? I have the feeling Ryanair has things more under control these days compared to Aer Lingus.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,678 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Ryanair are in better nick that Aer Lingus; but other airlines (or more importantly their ground handlers) in T1 are in the horrors.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Was there exactly a week ago and ended up in the wrong Terminal. The gate 307 had corridors to both terminals but there was nobody to direct people. Got my bags without much hassle but there were hundreds of unclaimed bags strewn around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Having witnessed the chaos with left baggage, I just formally reported the Terminal 1 baggage hall to Dublin Fire Brigade to investigate a potential fire hazard, in terms of the blocked concourses and the piles of flammable material consisting of the baggage and light freight.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

I imagine they will send the report to the airport fire service.....who pays them???

Advertisement