Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greeting And Salutations!

Options
  • 28-06-2022 6:38pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello everyone!!

I said I'd quickly log on at the end of my working day to say hello, I missed ye all and to briefly explain where I've been over the past few months!

The short version is Work. Work is kicking my a$$. We have a implementation project on the go along with our day to day work. My working hours are something like 8am to 7pm most days now, worse when it comes to month end. On top of this I'm trying to squeeze in as much time with my little man who will be 7 months old on Sunday, so he is keeping us all busy!

The project work is so demanding it resulted in me being sent to Dubai and Australia for meetings. So I was out of the country for 2 weeks!

Also along the way I celebrated a wedding anniversary, went to a friends wedding, been sick about 4 times with different aliments. It just felt like I've been bouncing from one thing to the next. There's another 2 months left in the project so it won't be until September I should see things calming down (right in time for the build up)

I had planned on getting on here sooner to catch up but I've been exhausted almost constantly that the idea of sitting on boards on my phone felt more like a chore than a relaxing outlet. Then the longer I left it the more daunting it became to log on and catch up on older posts (which I haven't done yet) so apologies in advance when I do start catching up I am going to be replying to old messages and often (got to get those stats up!)

I've returned now as I can no longer deny my Christmas cravings and I need to scratch that itch and help get through the remaining couple of months.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Poor you, Loughc. Really hope things calm down for you soon! I as usual am permanently lurking and rarely posting but I had of course noticed your absence. Glad you're ok. Hope your little man is thriving. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Little man is doing great thanks! He’s almost crawling and got his first tooth last weekend. It’s all happening here since the lack of time on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Firstly, great to have you back, you've been the missed the last while and place isn't the same without out :)

Secondly, sorry to hear things are so crazy and hopefully will calm down for you to enjoy the build up to Christmas.

Thirdly, great to hear the little lad is doing well and you can getting to spend as much time with them as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Welcome back Loughc, sounds like you've had a pretty stressful few months. Sometimes when I'm busy (never that busy!!) coming on here is like a little sanctuary, but other times, picking up your phone after a stressful day is the last thing you want. I don't even reply to texts sometimes when my mind is that busy. I just need some headspace to zone out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Oh God, an implementation...I feel for ya! Hopefully come Go Live & end of Hypercare, things will be easier!

Also can't believe the baby is 7 months old! That has flown past!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

@Loughc I'd actually been thinking of you lately and hoping all was well. Had noticed you'd been quiet on here but my goodness, you have had a busy time lately!!

So glad your little man is doing well! Christmas will be even more exciting this year as he'll have a bit more of an idea what's going on. You may even gt to sit and eat a proper Christmas dinner too!!😂

Great to hear from you though! Love how this forum is like a great friendship, you can be out of action for a while but once you're back, it's like you were never away...we all just pick up where we left off 🙂

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That’s it @pigtail33 in the evenings at best I get two hours to myself and sometimes I just want to zone out and not have to think about anything. The peace and quiet is nice 😂

Go live? HyperCare?

Do we work together? That’s all I’m hearing about these days 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Welcome back. You came to Dubai without a Dubai Christmas meetup!! Tut tut, there are least two of us here in the UAE.

• Advertisement

It was a flying visit I'm afraid for meetings. Didn’t get to stay as long as I would have liked. The bulk of the time was in Oz.

I'll let it slide this time! If you are here for any future trips and fancy a festive drink drop me a message.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭DvB

If thats an open invite, I'll be in Dubai with work in September/October for 2 or 3 days, not sure of the schedule just yet though (client to confirm closer to the time & liable to change/cancel as well) so if it does happen can drop you a PM.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

@DvB it is indeed. If possible try and make it October, better weather.

Advertisement