Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large hotel change abroad

Options
  • 29-06-2022 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hello BOI,

I am going abroad (Canada) next month. I need to charge 3 hotel rooms in the hotel to my card. The total amount will be about $7,500 CAD or 5,500 euros. I'll need to transfer 500 to my card as my limit is 5k and I've never charged such a large amount at once to my card. As such, I'm dreading an embarrassing decline at checkout and my debit card won't work as the amount will be over the daily limit.

I see that you guys don't need or accept advance travel notice anymore. Is there anything I can do to make sure this goes through and isn't flagged? If it is, what's the quickest way to resolve it? Which phone number would get an instant response?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Just to mention, limit of debit card is 25k for online or point of sale purchase.

If the card flags with our Card Security Team , my colleagues can resolve quickly for you, they are also available 24/7. The number from abroad is 0035314885466.

Hoping this helps,

Many thanks

Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The hotel should "authorize" in advance, at check in. So it won't be at check out but it will be at check in that you may or may not have to call BOI

You could call the hotel on day of arrival and ask them to take payment in full then before your arrival. They may need you to complete a credit card authorization form to do this

Advertisement