Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Happy with owning an EV in Ireland

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yes, was in a similar position when I had my ID.3, got free 2000 kWh for Ionity. But they put a time limit on it which was a bit silly, meant often left the house with a low battery so would use up some of it🙂.

But in reality cost of fast charging for me is not a problem, it's only very occasional. A good home rate is much more important.

Agree, EVs are much nicer to travel around in. Was driving a new auto Kuga the other day, what a terrible gearbox. I think Eamon Ryan is right for once when he says that EVs are simply nicer cars to drive..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I can confirm after 18 months that my ID 4 is still awesome, still has loads of range, the battery has not degraded to nothing (honestly not sure it's degraded significantly at all), it still charges like it's addicted to electrons and the software is (finally) getting pretty decent

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

How are those big alloys with rubber bands on them holding out?😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭fits

Still love our ID.3 as well. Going to struggle to replace it if we ever do. It’s a brilliant car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

They look great if you're blind

Car park barriers are lethal, they seem to have really high kerbs and the rim protectors don't do much 😭

On the plus side that scraping noise is a good way to tell when you're too close to the kerb

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

They say the best rim protector is behind the wheel..😋

Was in Belfast Tannery multi storey car park a week or so ago and had to park near top, didn't find the up lanes easy. Luckily nobody behind me so could reposition a few times. Didn't seem as bad going down, but car park was quiet early in morning so you could swing out more. The one time I wished I had my old ID.3 again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

It's great looking back at old posts like this, and both sites now have a combined 6 spaces with 5 CCS plugs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

There has been a bit of a jump forward in the charging network in the past year, probably not enough to cover for all the new evs but it does seem improved coverage of non SPOF hpcs

Advertisement