Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GalliumOS on Chromebook - problems with new SD Card

Options
  • 29-06-2022 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

i am a relative new comer to Linux but iv been using GalliumOS on my Tosh Chromebook for about 6 months - Had been using a 64GB SD Card as a storage drive, as the internal SSD Is used up with the OS -

Formatted the SD Card to EXT4 (i realized soon after i should have been using EXT2, so reformatted but functionality remained the same)

Recently decided to put a 128GB on instead (relegated the 64 to my DSLR, where it will probably never fill!)

Thats where the trouble started - the 128 came with an EXFAT FS - i used GPARTED to attempt to format the card to EXT2 but it hangs for an age, and considering this is a piece of flash memory, i assume something is the matter

Gparted seems to stall at

-MKFS.ext2 -F -L

-Discarding device blocks(here it continues to discard block after block at intervals of aprox 100000)

Ok so obviously im new to linux but common sense knowledge of the hardware involved suggests to me that something is a miss here - any ideas? If im wrong and this is normal, please assist by explaining! also i should point out the previous 64GB SD did NOT do this at all - format took about 8-10 seconds -

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

Advertisement