Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Case Review of Sophie Tuscan du Plantier murder to proceed. **Threadbans in OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭tinytobe

If the Gards would have had a neutral approach, it would have been different. Instead they focused on framing Bailey and lost a lot of energy doing so.

But even with modern forensics it one thing would have been hard: The murder weapon was a cavity block which was not exclusive to one person, anybody could have touched it, same as the gates, as it was accessible to anybody, visitors, mail delivery, tradesmen, etc.... So getting a court conviction wouldn't have been easy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

That’s not the real question , she had asked about 4 different people to go with her they all had something on. It was said these people had an especially tough time afterwards wandering what might have been. She wanted to have a few days break and she wanted to fix things around the house. Source . West cork podcast , interviews from family members.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

PhilMathers on Reddit has some very interesting theories.

They're very well informed.

They're pretty certain it wasn't Ian Bailey.

They make a strong case it happened in the morning.

They think everything happened at the gate and pumphouse.

They suggest someone was stealing the electric pump and STDP ran out to confront them.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Gussie Scrotch

Yes, I've read some of his posts.

For what its worth, I also think it happened in the morning - in daylight.

And I agree that it probably happened at the gate, after she had left the house and walked down to greet/meet/confront someone there.

Yeah it's a natural assumption to assume it happened at night, but there's literally no evidence to show this. There's some neighbours who report their dogs being agitated and barking but that's it really.

I think we just associate such a violent murder with nighttime.

One thing I can't understand is the drop of blood 6 feet into the field from the pumphouse...

All the other blood seems to be by the gate which is 30 feet away (except the smudge by the backdoor).

Did Sophie frequently walk through that field? Or did she always walk along the road? It's shorter through the field but it would be mucky/slippy etc.

As far as it being daylight, would people attempt to steal a pump in daylight with a car in front of her house and neighbours nearby.

Maybe it was twilight.

I'm pretty convinced Ian Bailey is innocent.

The slate and block were only used to finish her off, the initial attack was with an unknown weapon.

Was it some type of tool to steal the pump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭chooseusername

I bet this is nonsense.

I bet the cold case review team have cleared him informally as a suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,245 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

If the Gards would have had a neutral approach, it would have been different. Instead they focused on framing Bailey and lost a lot of energy doing so.

Maybe they focused on Bailey because everyone else could easily be ruled out, yet there was Bailey with everything that went with him, a changed story, scratches, confessions to random people.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

They ruled many people out early despite plenty of unanswered questions and focused on Bailey despite having absolutely nothing on him. They still have nothing on him! It was (and still may be) a completely biased investigation

• Registered Users Posts: 15,245 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

despite plenty of unanswered questions

Unanswered questions according to whom?

You might think they are unanswered but you don't know all the Gardai know.

The questions could very well be answered based on what the Gardai know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭tomhammer..

So you're ruling Ian Bailey out even though he's the most likely

That's the kinda logic that goes on around here

• Registered Users Posts: 30,259 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

What does "most likely" even mean. If one thing is 10% and everything else is 1%, that is the "most likely". It's also 90% likely to be wrong. So the "most likely" is actually - person or persons unknown.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭Deeec

Sophie going to West Cork alone was very odd - she could have bought her son if she didnt want to be alone. Going to stay in a house in West Cork with no heating in the depths of winter doesnt make sense when she had a housekeeper who could have dealt with the repairs. That house would have been freezing with no heat. I havent seen it confirmed anywhere that a workman did actually come to fix the heating during her stay. If so when was it fixed and this person is someone else who would have known she was alone.

In my opinion she needed to get away from her problems in France. She was about to get divorced. Her husband gained the most from her death - he was a rich man and Sophie dying saved him alot of money so it worked out well for him in fairness. He was already having an affair with a younger woman which he married and had a baby with way too soon after Sophies death. After Sophies body was discoved he couldnt be bothered coming to Ireland which is strange but yet gave interviews about how much he loved Sophie and that they were trying for a baby - in fact he told one journalist that Sophie was pregnant at the time of her death yet this doesnt seem to have been picked by the pathologist. He done his best to paint a very happy marriage but the reality was the marriage was heading for divorce. The french authorities blocked any investigation into Daniel Toscan Du Plantier - I wonder what that could of revealed if a proper investigation was done.

Its possible Daniel could have hired someone to kill her. West Cork where she was alone was the perfect location. Now I know several of you will attack and laugh at me by saying ' but a hitman wouldnt have done such a messy murder and would have just shot her'- well this may come as a shock to you but there is no school or university to train in how to be a good hitman. There is no hitman agency where you can hire the best of the best. There are numerous examples of botched hits done by idiots. If you think about it, if you were in a situation where you needed someone to do a job like this you just take someones word and use anyone that was willing to do the job - you dont check a CV or interview them on their experience. The idea that it couldnt have been a hitman is nonsense - of course its very possible.

Yeah pure nonsense , the poster has no clue about unanswered questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭chooseusername

The heating had been fixed and Josie Hellen had lit the fire. But yes it was an odd decision, she came with a lot of luggage also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭Deeec

So was the heating fixed before she even arrived to Ireland?

She asked a friend , a husband and 2 family members. I didn’t bother reading the rest of your post.

True , if Bailey is only 10% likely to have killed her there's a 90% chance it was someone else

But I'm saying "most likely" because in my estimation there's a 60-80% chance it was him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Who is going to say yes to going to the middle of nowhere on Xmas week?

To come back xmass Eve, late

• Advertisement

Nobody but the point is , it’s not unusual that she went alone. She clearly wanted to go , asked a number of people. I’m sure you’ll somehow debate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭easy peasy

I can only assume you aren’t from or didn’t grow up in rural Ireland?

I am from a town very similar to Schull, with lots of individuals moving there from all sorts of places and I can promise you that every new person who arrives into a town gets discussed and every purchase of property in an area gets discussed.

”Who bought that white house at Toormore?”, “It was a French girl, you’d see her the odd time in….”

The above would be a regular conversation in pubs and markets amongst locals.

People who have lived in an area all their life know exactly where each house is and who is living in them.

So while people may not have known if Sophie was in the house at that time or what her timetable was like. People knew of her, knew what she looked like and knew where she lived.

It fairly unusual to be doing it at that time of the year

What do you mean it wasn't unusual that she went alone? Are you making that up aswell

Have you found his diary yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

you think there is a 60-80 percent chance bailey did it based on what evidence exactly... there is a huge difference between 60 and 80 percent also.

Thank god you dont work for the dpp or every case would collapse. no concrete evidence, gardai corruption, false witness statements but you come up with between 60 - 80 percent ? you obviously know more about the case than the 2 previous dpp who ripped the gardai case apart hence no prosecution

• Registered Users Posts: 30,259 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

And was it normal she asked so many people if they wanted to go ... if it was not unusual \ normal for her to go alone.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

It wasn’t unusual that she went alone because she had asked plenty of other people. She clearly wanted to go! The diary extracts I can’t find. I did find a boards post about it that I can send you on, it isn’t proof but I didn’t make it up out of thin air. The gardai did release extracts of his diary. But when you google Bailey , diary, jules too much **** comes up. And I don’t think you are posting in good faith so I’d rather not waste more than the 15 minute I spent looking haha.

60-80 is just a guesstimate, I don't have an exact figure

And yes there isn't enough to prosecute . The eyewitness evidence was a fukkup, so he's only chief suspect nothing more

You could be well right with your estimate , 60% likely wouldn’t not be enough for the DPP to proceed, but this is an internet forum.

in reality nothing comes up ffs, new reading glasses prescription needed for sure

i just dont get your logic, she was used to going alone be cause she asked people to come?

what she did was very unusual

no rhyme or reason to do it, other than to meet someone, she was supposedly in the process of getting divorced yet was pregnant#

i mean come on

• Advertisement

what are you talking about nothing comes up? Were you not aware of the diary? It is not unusual that she went alone because other people didn’t want to go , she therefore went alone ffs. Anyway **** off, blocked.

Advertisement