Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring Doorbell Transformer

• 29-06-2022 8:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a ring Doorbell installed, got the guy installing TV and satellite to do it. I supplied an plug in AC adapter from Amazon and it's plugged in the attic. It's very loud! I had also bought a Doorbell British General Fortress 8-24V AC 8VA Bell Transformer Module and an enclosure. These seem to have a reputation for being silent. The wiring was a bit tricky to the bell and looks tidy. Rather than remove it, could I unplug the transformer, cut the wire, connect a standard 240V AC plug with wire to the transformer module and connect the doorbell to the 24V connection using the existing wiring that I've cut. It would all be contained with in the enclosure before going live.

I'm aware it wouldn't be the neatest way to do this but be easier than wiring the doorbell again.

Advertisement