Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart timer

• 30-06-2022 12:25am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Here goes - Im looking for a bit of help / advice on setting up a device.

Ive recently converted my hot tub to run on lpg and to do so needs a 12 volt pump feeding the lpg water heater. The water heater I bought has time out on them that stops them running continuously (I probably should have done my homework and bought one that can run continuously but its too late and too expensive now to change that ) - they cut out after 20 minutes exactly and to get around this you have to restart either the pump or heater - heater starts again once a flow of water is detected or the heater power switch is turned off and on again but the heater itself runs off 2 batteries so theres no way to control that but the pump is connected to my out door socket (fully waterproofed).

At the minute I have to run down to the pump an restart it by basically unplugging it and plugging it back in which works fine but is a pain to keep walking down every 20 minutes to reset the pump.

What Im looking to do is to have the pump run for 19 minutes and then using some sort of smart plug or smart timer restart the pump after it being off for 2 minutes which is enough to effectively make the whole system run without interruption.

So power on for 19 minutes . off for 2 minutes and then on for another 19 etc. Continuing until the tub either reaches its max temperature when I turn the system off completely or I decide to stop the cycle at any time because its either hot enough or just not going to be used that day.

The schedule has to be capable of just working like the above at any time - using the time of day wont work (I tried a socket timer but you have to schedule those by time of day) as the tub isnt always used or needed at a set time. I should be able to turn cycle on and off as required.

Has anyone a simple way of doing this using a smart plug or another type of device. There is wifi at the tub so no issues regarding connections there etc.

Any way to schedule a smart plug to do the above? I do have a couple of tp-link plugs spare but I just cant seem to get the scheduling / timer right.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

No one got any ideas how I can do this??

Im stumped!!!

Advertisement