Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling Printer Toner Cartridges.

Options
  • 30-06-2022 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

Hello

Is there a company or charity that accepts used printer toner cartridges in the Cork area?

Dozens of cartriges, probably different brands to be disposed of. Paying for collection by a commercial processor would be considered too.

(I'm aware that Canon and Epson offer a postal return service for their brands only)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Hi

Are they genuine or compatible? Charities don't really take them anymore as the re-manufactured market has been left in the dust by imported chinese compatibles, the value has plummeted what the re-manufacturers will pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Thanks for your reply. Original branded items are amongst the pile I'm awaiting further details.

Might have to resort to sorting them and multiple returns to manufacturers. Tedious task but keen to avoid landfill.

Cork businesses or their IT support contractors must use some disposal service.

Maybe a Mod could change the title to "Disposal of .."

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Hold tough, I maybe able to help, I'll drop you a PM if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Try to bring them to some of the ink shops, they might take them off your hands for free or else horse them in with the electrical items at the civic amenity site

Advertisement