Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GOT - Snow

• 30-06-2022 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭

"Between Game of Thrones Seasons 7 and 8, HBO embarked on a long process to find an heir. At the time, every spinoff idea pitched (and eventually made its way to development) was a prequel set within author George R.R. Martin’s already defined Westerosi history. But with the first prequel, House of the Dragon, debuting soon, Martin has confirmed the first Game of Thrones *sequel,* Snow, is also in the works.

The original ideas initially pitched for a Game of Thrones follow-up were prequels partly because Martin wasn’t interested in a sequel series back in 2016. With two more books still to go in A Song of Ice & Fire, the idea of the story extending beyond that was apparently still too much of a gray area for the author to contemplate.

But six years on, things have changed. Martin may not have come up with a story beyond the crowning of Bran the Broken and Sansa, Queen in the North, but apparently, Kit Harington, the actor who spent a decade playing Jon Snow, does. On his personal “Not A Blog” website, Martin confirmed the project was brought to the HBO by Harington, and the series is in development.

Martin’s blog post confirming Snow was in development made it very clear that the series is not guaranteed to see the light of day. Considering the first planned GOT spinoff, Bloodmoon, made it to the pilot stage before it was abandoned, fans should temper their expectations. Snow is also competing against other spinoff ideas, including The Hedge KnightThe Sea Snake, and Ten Thousand Ships, all of which are also in various stages of development. Snow has a fighting chance, though, as it’s the only sequel of the bunch and seemingly has a lead actor attached already. But until HBO confirms the series is going into production, there’s no way of knowing if or when the show might arrive."

John was very boring in my opinion - I cant even remember where he ended up! Would rather have seen whats west of westeros tbh!

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Nearly every comment I've seen agrees with you - Snow is boring and his story is done. There seems to be little appetite for it and I'm not convinced there's a huge amount of interest in 'House of Dragons' even.

Advertisement