Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn off WiFi broadcasting on SkyQ box while its connected via WiFi. Sky Fibre

Options
  • 01-07-2022 6:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Hi,

I just got Sky Fibre installed and I am waiting for SkyQ box to be installed next week. Reading online it seems to state that the SkyQ box acts like a AP and will broadcast it's own network. I have turned off the WiFi on my Sky Hub and use my Existing Asus router in AP mode as it provides much better speeds.

My question is can I turn off the SkyQ WiFi broadcasting on the box while it is connected via WiFi as I don't want it to act like another AP. The Sky hub is not in the same room as the Qbox so WiFi is easier. I saw I can go into a menu to turn off WiFi channels but I wasn't sure if that is just broadcasting or disabling WiFi totally ? Can anyone who has this box and setup let me know ? I will not be using any Sky mini boxes. Thanks

Comments

Advertisement