Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tiling costs soaring?

• 01-07-2022 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Doing some searches on boards I see that a reasonable cost for tiling would be €20-€25 per square yd? I got a few quotes for 8.5 sq yds of kitchen tiles and 2.5 sq yds of splashback.

The quotes are ranging from between €600 and €750 for labour only. That would put the price per sq. yd at between €55 and €68. Is that a bit mental or am I missing something?

Everyone seems to be booked up until September too, so I'm guessing that they can just charge whatever they want with the demand so high at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭purplefields

People are probably panicking when they see the prices keep going up and up. However, it will certainly crash - as it always does. Construction is usually the first to be hit when a recession happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 PricklyPete

Got another quote today. €1800 labour. I make that about €165 per sq. yd. I wonder was it Leonardo Da Vinci they were sending to do the job. Bunch of chancers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Gusser09

These lads know that some people are impatient enough to pay that kind of money. Even with prices hitting the roof I'd have thought a decent tiler could be got for €40 per sqy. Obviously not. Hold off as best you can. The more ordinary people say to hell with that I'll wait the quicker the normal rates will return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭cute geoge

I guess for a small joblike above ,they probably would make 2 handy days of it so probably 500 would be as good as could be expected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭famagusta

Exactly, because the job is small the rate has to go up or else its not worth their while. 600 aint too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭MikeCairo78

Having just gone through this - €50 a square metre is what tilers are getting on site - of course size of job, ease of the job and whether you are paying cash will influence where you end up. We ended up paying €30 a square metre but it was a mate of a family member. Brilliant job as well.

Advertisement