Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Printer issue

• 02-07-2022 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a hp colour laser jet mfp m477.

Can someone tell me if this is a roller or fuser issue

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Looks like a cheap refilled cartridge issue? The transfer roller is dirty (you can't really clean it) and that area is holding toner from one pass to the next.

Edit> The give away as to what the problem is should be the size of the roller. If you can roughly work out the circumference of the rollers then you can see on which one its the same as the repeat.

If you dare you can also switch the printer off mid cycle before the paper has gone through the fusion roller and then you can see if the problem has developed before the fusion roller. Doing this is a bit messy as there will be a bit of unfused toner on the paper.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭feet of flame

Its the fuser assembly, the parts and labour will cost more then the printer is worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I probably shouldn't comment as you were trying to be helpful but that is never going to fix print contamination due to a damaged component. The evidence is in the picture in the OP.

I have the B/W version of that printer and the pattern repeat looks to me suspiciously like damage to the fusion roller which is part of the toner cartridge. So my first guess is the OP is using a cheap refilled B/W toner cartridge? I have seen similar on many occasions on other printers. I've also seen worn out fusion rollers but thats very rare.

The thing I forget to suggest earlier was removing the B/W cartridge and carefully without touching it examine the transfer roller. My bet it that you will see the same pattern on it as is coming out in the print job.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭feet of flame

Its the fuser, I repair printers for a living.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

I don't suppose you are in Cork ? or could recommend some one to sort out my Epson L355 ,

I cleaned the heads ,all went well UNTIL Idropped a screw into the printer , can't get at it without disassembly or just chancing that the screw will stay out of the way ,

New eco printer would cost around 250 so repair /screw retrieve would cost who knows what , any suggestions appreciated

• Advertisement
Advertisement