Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip Dermot O'Neill

Options
  • 02-07-2022 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Sad to hear of his death today.

One of the most genuine nice guys you could meet.

Originally met him in the 80's when he lived in Kilmacud/Goatstown and developed a garden centre in monkstown beside the purity kitchen.

He was obsessed with lemon trees back then.

I was never a gardener despite his efforts to get me interested but I did organise some of his advertising back then and kept in contact for many years.

A true gentleman.

Rip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

he knew his stuff seemed like a good bloke

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

His love of plants and gentle nature was what I loved about him. A real genuinely good man who had a great vibrant glow off him.

Never met him but I am sure he brightened up a lot of people's lives.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Sad to hear this, really enjoyed his knowledge and thought him a decent skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Very sad to hear . Very nice guy and loved his programs especially the Secret Garden series about the walled garden he rescued in Clondeglass . It was his dream place but he became ill and was diagnosed half way through its restoration.

RIP Dermot .

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭babyducklings1

Very sad to hear this news. He was a lovely guy and really knew his gardening stuff. Glad there is a thread here to acknowledge him. RIP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement