Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carers Allowance

• 02-07-2022 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi , have two questions regarding applying for Carers allowance .

My Wife wishes to Apply for Carer's allowance , she does not work outside the house and has no savings

If I own land and rent it to somebody else for a period of say 5 years , is the Capital(land) or the rental (5,000 Per year) taken into account in the Means Test.

It also mentions that Pension contributions are not taken into account for Means but my income is taken into account for Means. . I am a bit confused with regard to this . My query on this would be , If I were self employed and my business paid me €40,000 per year. Say I reduced my salary to 20,000 per year and paid the remaining 20,000 into my pension , then I would have an income of €20,000 per year which is below the €750 per week threshold .

Would I be eligible for Carers Allowance with an income of €20,000 from my Business with no other income other than the €5,000 rental income from the land . I have no other savings or Investments.

Thanks

Advertisement