Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New house query ?

Options
  • 02-07-2022 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Met an acquaintance today who was buying a "new" house.

House was commenced in 2006 and has never been occupied.

I have no idea yet when the house was "substantially completed"

House is being sold as New, with a ER of B1.

What are your opinions on the required BER on this house ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Biker1

Question is too vague to give any answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

Any would be helpful !

What BER is the aim ? B1 ? A3 ? Renewables ?

Don't know what else I can tell you at this stage but aak me any question and I will answer or get the answer !

• Subscribers Posts: 41,642 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

a "New Final" BER can be carried out on any house that actually hasnt got a previous BER.

this has the advantage of the assessor being able to include a "signed off" specification of the build, therefore in theory will get a better rating.

it wouldnt be unusual for a 2006 house to achieve a B1 if the specification is included, plus there are some renewable energy inputs.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

Thanks for reply.

There seems to be no input for renewables. No panels on roof.

Primary heat source is a condensing oil boiler and radiators.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The BER required is based on the time at which construction commenced.

This can be clarified by checking the Commencement Notice Register. It’s online in Dublin, not sure on where yours is.

If it was commenced in 2006, it may have just crept in before the requirements for renewables etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement