Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Just saying thanks :)

Options
  • 03-07-2022 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Just wanted to say huge thanks to the gentleman who helped me today. It's amazing there's still people around who will go out of their way to help out.

I didn't get his name, don't even know if he's a boardie, but I do know he owns a 1979 Beetle :) (petrolheads, eh?).

My W116 had a bit of a hiccup today. Took it out for a drive with a spare battery as the main was charging. Parked at Bective Abby, and went for a stroll only to come back to the car not starting up again. Console lights full on, but she ain't cranking!

This gentleman helped out selflessly, hooking up his wife's Ford Focus to my battery (with his jump cables, no less!) and letting mine recharge for at least 15 minutes. We didn't get the car going, so I thanked him and started looking at options.

Well, turns out I was back on the road 10 minutes later, and it wasn't the battery. Stupid neutral safety switch in the transmission didn't latch on properly in Park!

One mishap in 12 years of ownership, I'll take that.

Advertisement