Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esker Hills GC

Options
  • 04-07-2022 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

heading there this week to play a round with a few friends for the first time . Doesn’t seem to have any tips/pro guide per hole or something on the website . Looking at the course map, it looks to have a fair few dog legs holes. Can anybody drop in a tip to play this course? Appreciate it

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It's actually quite blind first time around, you won't see a par 4/5green until the 7th and a few more blind ones after that 8/11/14/17 being more dog legs.

Best bet is to be conservative and not take on any dog legs, also pray the greens have slowed down because when I played it a few weeks back they were unreal (and they are huge too!). Enjoy it!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭coillcam

Pretty much as what @slave1 said. Play conservatively to where you can see unless someone knows the layout. It's a lovely track and I'd recommend a buggy if there's one available. It's particularly hilly and not great for carrying imo.

Also, you do not need a driver on the first tee unless you are exceptionally short. Every time I play there's always one lad who drives straight through the fairway. Your 200yd club is fine and will probably go another 20-30 yards with the elevation drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Their Website (like a lot of Golf Courses) is embarrassing

Home of Shane Lowry and there's nothing on it really. Winter Open 2019/20 listed on their homepage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

plenty of phone apps available to show you the layout and distance of any hole, thats all you really need

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Dylan1975

Thanks, appreciate that, playing a match play against the club member there soon and want to get as much info as I can as I never played there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Strange OT posts and jibes deleted, stick to Esker chat please

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Never thought that myself. Found Golf shot app which shows decent layout. Defo be using this to gain any knowledge of the course

Will do. Thanks

Advertisement