Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do you get notified of your booking visit?

Options
  • 04-07-2022 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I was referred my gp to the hospital for my booking visit 3 weeks ago. I was told I would get a letter in the post informing me of the date of my appointment and at that point I could ring to book in my 12 week scan.

I'm between 9 weeks and 9 and a half weeks at the moment not exactly sure of dates and just wondering if anyone knows when it is normal to get the letter? I'm just worried with scheduling things at work in case it clashes. TIA

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Uptheduff

On both of my pregnancies the booking in visit was at 13 weeks and happened simultaneously to the first scan. I got about a weeks notice. You can probably ring and let them know you'd like some warning. I found they have it booked in their own records but don't bother informing the patient til the last minute. That could just be my locality though.

Answers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Oh ring them I'd say.

I just rang to make the appointment for the first visit on all of mine, rather than wait for the GP, but since your GP has sent the letter, give the hospital a call and see can they give you a date.

If it's the Rotunda anyway, the first scan and booking visit are done on the same visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 grape3012

I spoke to the hospital and it turns out they had never received the referral and it had to be sent again so thank you both for suggesting I ring.

Advertisement