Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice - Two lines.

Options
  • 04-07-2022 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Hey all. Just looking for some advice here. I have two lines coming into the house one is with Pure and the other Vodafone. The company my other half works for insisted on installing a second line .

Both lines are pretty rubbish, sub 25mb but for some reason the Pure one is much better. Reliable and generally stays around the 25mb. The Vodafone one is always giving trouble and is noticeably slower. So my question is would be be feasible to just switch the connectors and have the Vodafone one (my personal connection) use what appears to be the better quality line or is there some technical reason why that wouldn't work in the way it's wired up to the cabinet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Sadly, won't work; different at the other end/in the exchange/what service is listening on it. Maybe you could consider ordering a new line again, and cancelling one once that's in (double bills for a month) or a load-balancing router?

Advertisement