Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed: 3.5 yo not moving class in creche

Options
  • 05-07-2022 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

For the second time in few months my 3.5 yo daughter was refused to move to the next class at her crèche. First time, I was told that my girl will be moved later and will stay with the 2 years old because of too many children per class. So she was only moved to the appropriate classroom in March. But once again, while her mates have been moved to the pre school class today when I arrived at the creche to collect her I realised that she was the only one who didn't move.

I got approximately the same answer as before that due to the number of children per class they decided not to move her. Back home and thinking about it I started fuming as I don't get why it is always my daughter that they choose to put behind. She was born in February and most of the children who were moved are younger than her....

She is not delayed in her development, she has no language issue, no behavioural problem, she is even very appreciated among all the teachers at the crèche.

I would be very happy to know parents' thoughts about this situation, and if some of you have experienced the same issue with creches ? Do you think it needs to be addressed or is it a very common situation ?

Thank you !

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭AnnieinDundrum

i had a similar issue, my son was moved up to suit their numbers and he just wasn’t ready. I was fobbed off with a « he’ll catch up and it’ll be good for his development » it wasn’t, he was very unhappy. Not for long we moved him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭appledrop

This is definitely not a common situation among anyone I know in fact it's usually the opposite.

Creches/Ecce are usually very good at moving children due to their needs.

In some cases I know of people who were specifically told not to start their child in school because they were not ready.

Sometimes though the parents don't listen but the ECCE/ creche is usually always right.

If your definitely sure your child isn't delayed in her development, than ask to speak to manager and get it sorted.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Advertisement