Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Structural Warranty

Options
  • 05-07-2022 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I've been ringing around today trying to secure a quote for a self build structural warranty. Here's how I've done so far:

Homebond - Yes but they require a registered (with them) Builder. I'm going direct labour BUT my timber frame builder will provide a structural certificate, I assume I could take out a homebond insurance package but need to check if he's registered with them.

Self Build Zone = McDonald Dwyer Reddy & Byrne -> no longer do this product in ROI

Zurich - couldn't get through - they do it UK, no sign on IE website

Fingal Insurance - cover big developments only - had a nice chat with Ray in there.

GlobalHomeWarranties - UK only (for now)

Buildserve.ie via Guide of Master Craftsmen - they are revamping this but its geared to extensions/attics/kitchens not full self builds

JD Insurances - no answer

Arachas - don't offer this product

If anyone has found a provider please update this post / let me know. It should cost around £3K. This post isn't to debate the merits of one but to point people interested in the few remaining post brexit warranty providers open to individual self builders in the ROI. If any outside homebond still exist!

Post edited by mike_2009 on

Comments

Advertisement