Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life insurance query

• 05-07-2022 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am applying for life insurance for a mortgage and as a recently quit vaper, I wasn't entirely truthful on my application and declared myself as a non smoker for 12 months.

I have been selected to do a medical and am going to own up that I have vaped in the last 12 months, my worry is will my application be voided or will I just have to pay the more expensive insurance?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

When you tell them you are vaping you will pay the smoker premium. If you stop vaping (and smoking) then after a period of 12 months you can fill out a non smoker declaration and you will revert to the non-smoker premium at that stage.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

From professional experience if you are lucky you'll be offered smoker rates. You may also be declined for blatant nondisclosure. If that happens it may make getting cover elsewhere difficult. That in turn could jeopardise your mortgage prospects.

I'd suggest you contact your adviser before the medical and see what they have to say.

Advertisement