Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Syndicate Lotto question

• 05-07-2022 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I am wondering is it possible to open a lotto.ie account for a syndicate.

The reason I ask is that I want to keep my personal lotto account separate from a Syndicate account.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Unsure.

But even if it is, it's proving impossible to play online the past few days. And right now. Twitter all over it.

They are quite simply one of the most amateur organisations to haunt the Irish landscape in recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,058 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Why not get someone in the syndicate who doesn't have a lotto account create one and use that for the syndicate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭6541

The people in my syndicate have this worry that if they go for a bank loan having a lotto account could reflect badly on their loan application. Whereas I couldn't give a monkey's what a bank thinks !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Worries are best confronted i.e. send an email to a mortgage broker and the answer will be that it doesn't make any difference whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭jacool

You had better have your rules nailed down for the syndicate first as well.

What happens if someone doesn't pay?

What are you doing with the winnings?

I'm sure the lottery themselves probably have guidance - I just don't know how they manage the payouts which is why I would only get tickets in the shop. I'd have a fear of everyone bar the guy with the bank account getting taxed to the hilt on winnings. This is without me having done any research by the way!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭Xander10

If you hit the jackpot, what's to stop that person claiming the lot?

Advertisement