Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women's Euro 2022

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Knew White was due a goal typical of her to apply the pressure and rob her.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Norway need to realign their midfield to help out the defence. Meade on her own again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wasn't expecting it to be this one sided to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

4-0. England could hit double figures at this rate.

Super goal by Mead. England really putting down a statement I thought they would put down the last day.

Silky skills by Mead.... Again!! 5-0

Awful defending from Norway.

And again.

White gets another 6-0

A real statement win. Norway are in bits, manager not changing anything ridiculous.

Can't nieve what I'm seeing! Northern Ireland will be **** themselves

• Advertisement

Sarina Wiegman is an outstanding coach and the best the England team have had for some time. Brilliant stuff from England, the hype train will go into overdrive after this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kksaints

Didn't expect this scoreline after the stodgy performance last week against Austria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭jacool

Got this wrong.

Penalty an enbarassment, and two of them then left a bit on Hegerberg. White should have been booked for that foul. At 1-0 she blocked a ball with her arm, the ref would have given it at the other end, I feel. But I still got this horribly wrong.

7-0. Plenty of time for more...

There's number 8.

I expected goals and possibly a statement win, but 8-0 was a fair bit over my estimation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Amazing performance from England, though it was far too easy for them first half down Norway's left. Wouldn't fancy Norway too much against Austria after that.

Tough game for England next whoever they get, Germany looked good first game and Spain are always there or there abouts.

One thing is for sure England have a significantly better coach now anyway.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

Germany vs Spain suddenly has a lot riding on it. I fancied Germany but after tonight I am doubting my picks. I thought tonight was a 50-50 game. I'd hate to be Northern Ireland now, playing England's reserves, all hell bent on impressing their boss. A genuine risk of double figures.

30 left in a fairly poor game. Denmark have a bit more upfront and should get a winner.

1-0 No more than they deserved. 20 left, reckon there's another goal in them

Onto the clash of the Big 2.

I fancy Germany to win. Should be a close enough game with a lot of talent on show between them. Spain's defence is not as good as Germanys and that might be the difference hoping for a 3-2 cracker.

Very poor mistake by the Spanish keeper.

Great touch and composure for the finish though.

Nice early goal should open it up a bit.

Spain defence will no doubt offer up another few chances.

• Advertisement

Spain with all the nice neat passing but typical Germany efficiency - clinical. 2-0

Very 'German' performance. Spain with all the passing in the world- looked nice - but ultimately, ineffective against a very well oiled German machine.

I'm going to write the headline for The Sun now, predicting that it'll be "Dabritz vs The Brits". Neither has conceded a goal yet.

Amazing to think Spain were pre-tournament favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

The Germans most impressive team so far I think, played 2 very strong teams and dealt with them comfortably.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

I'd agree with you there. Though it'll be neck and neck with England. Also a very good team.

Spain lack a cutting edge, though they are missing one of their very best players for the tournament which doesn't help

I also think France should go a long way but ultimately, there's a few players missing from that squad too. I thought they weren't as tight at the back yesterday as they should be

Have to say I'm really enjoying the tournament so far

Today is the turn of the wide open group, Group C, with all teams on 1 point.

I fancy Sweden to beat Switzerland, especially after the latter team came down with a stomach bug this week. Let's hope there are no "Lineker-esque" issues with the Swiss today.

Later on, I had the Netherlands nailed on to beat Portugal, but I am now expecting a closer game, as Miedema has just joined Groenen on the "out with Covid" list, and their first choice keeper, Van Veenendaal, is out injured as well. Despite all that though, I expect the Dutch to win.

For these two teams to avoid France in the next round will go down to who outscores the other, so it would be interesting if Sweden managed to cut loose in the first game.

Seconds after Iceland really should have gone 2-0 up, it's 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Harsh penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Justice. Weak penalty and then misses an open goal on the rebound.

Joke of a penalty decision, nice save and then an Awful follow up by Renard.

• Advertisement

First two quarter-finals sorted.

Germany will have too much for Austria, but the other game should be interesting as England will play without the ball for large parts against Spain. I expect England to come through, but it should be a serious test for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

Well said

Big test for England coming up. I think they'll win but can see Spain causing problems.

Half-time. Spain looked the better team, although England had chances. Tough one to call.

Post edited by Mr.Nice Guy on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

England poor for first 35ish mins but came alive a bit in last 10 minutes of the half, not a great match so far, good crowd though as you would expect.

That goal has put the cat amongst the pigeons. England have looked ordinary bar from set pieces.

Spain take the lead. Daly was badly exposed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭patob

Well deserved goal for Spain, England very poor, hardly a shot on goal.

Spain 1 up!

England have a real challenge now!

Kelly is one of their best players but I'm surprised they took Mead off. Wiegman not afraid to make big calls early.

This del Castillo is a talent. England can't stop her atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭patob

Rachel Daly being turned inside out by Del Castillo.

Weigman agrees

1-1. Didn't look likely but game on.

England equalise out of nowhere! Toone

Going to extra time. Spain looked well on top but since equalising England have been causing problems. All to play for.

What a hit from Stanway. England have turned it around.

• Advertisement

Cracking goal for England!!! Stanway

Cracking strike.

Stanway gave that shot quite the thump

That's a superb win for England. It was their toughest test by some margin and they came through it. They look like a team that has what it takes to go all the way.

They've gained more from that than any other game. Mental belief

• Advertisement
Advertisement