Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCS so confused

Options
  • 05-07-2022 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

So my daughter is starting school in September and will be attending afterschools in a local creche. I gave the creche her CHICK code and they said I will be paying €64 during term time but I pay nothing for full time care in school holidays as they can claim the full 45 hours for my child. How does this makes sense? I then receive a notification on the NSC portal saying this:

Dear .............

You may have seen that, as part of Budget 2022 changes introduced by Minister Roderic O’Gorman, from 02/05/2022 you will have full access to all hours on your NCS award. 

The NCS will no longer be deducting hours spent in pre-school or school from NCS awards. This means that you will be able to use your full awarded subsidised NCS hours regardless of whether your children are in pre-school or school.

These hours will be automatically added to your existing awards, and you will receive a notification from the scheme administrator once this has been done. 

Please note that the hours on existing, confirmed claims will not be automatically increased.  

If you wish to make use of these extra hours, contact your Childcare Service Provider once they have been applied to your awards. 

Claims with Childcare Service Providers must be confirmed on the Parent’s Portal before payments can flow to the Provider.  

Please ensure any claims set up by a Childcare Service Provider for your child/ren have been confirmed.  

If you have not registered a claim with a Childcare Service Provider, you may wish to consider availing of the benefits on the award.  

Should you wish to do so, please contact your Childcare Service Provider or contact your CCC at www.myccc.ie to explore your childcare options.  

If you have any questions or queries, you can contact the Parent Support Centre by using the Queries button below, or by phone at (01) 906 8530.  

Yours Sincerely,

NCS Team

This clearly says that the childcare provider can now claim the full 45 hours regardless of whether the child is in preschool/school so should it not be free all year round for my daughter? I'm super confused.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisement