Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage application questions

• 05-07-2022 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am just starting on the road for a mortgage and I found a house I really like but my SO is not ready to begin. The main reason is she is still on probation for her job and won't be out of it until the end of January next year. She is afraid they would look negatively on the application and wants to wait. She will get a raise at the end of it.

Will the banks look negatively if she still on probation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

Depends on the sector and how long she has worked in that sector.

eg - if a software tester and has been in good employment for the last 10 years and recently moved to a new company, that would be fine as she has a strong employment record

Talk to a broker. I'd advise to very strongly look at avant's long term fixed rates of 20 - 30 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

She works in the civil service. She moves around a lot due to promotions (3 jobs in 5 years)

Advertisement