Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Steam - difficulty configuring controller

Options
  • 05-07-2022 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I am new to PC gaming, having previously played only on Playstation and now more recently, Switch.

I am having difficulty configuring my controller or am not sure if what I want to do is even possible. Attached is a pic of the controller I am using. The buttons A, B, X, Y are laid out the same as on a Switch, which is ideal for me because I still play Switch and to avoid confusion, it would be easier to just use my PC gaming controller the same way as I would use my Switch ie. button on bottom (B) should be used for back/cancel and button on right (A) should be used for interact/select. At the moment however, it is the opposite on my PC controller - bottom button activates interact/select and the button on right activates back/cancel.

Not only that but the buttons are also lettered/labelled incorrectly when playing a game. For example, if a game prompts me to use the red B button, what it means for me to do on my controller is hit the red button that is marked A. So the button colours seem to be mapped correctly but the button letters/labels are not mapped correctly.

Is there any way I can configure this on Steam so that

1) the controls on any game will show the same button labels as are used on my controller and

2) the controller will behave like a Switch controller (button on bottom = back/cancel, button on right = select/interact)

Thanks.

Jim

Comments

Advertisement