Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Companion tandem/ ebike

Options
  • 05-07-2022 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

I'm asking for a friend who wants a companion tandem for his daughter i.e. one where there is no steering at the front but behind.

Given the weights involved, circa 150 Kg and probably very little pedalling from his daughter, he's probably looking at buying an Ebike version or buying a regular one and converting it.

Has anyone done this or have any experience with the various brands?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭mitchelsontour

We got 2 tandems(different model) from them and they have been great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭JMcL

The other option is either a tag-along style - this kind of thing:

Or a Trailgator:

We bought a tag along, but then got a trail-gator soon afterwards and in truth have never used anything else. It's practical in that the bike can easily be unhooked in a few seconds if/when they want to pedal themselves. Pulling them wasn't too onerous - I was using an old rigid beater mountain bike so had fairly low gearing. An e-bike should be ideal

The tag alongs do appear to work well though and I'm sorry I never gave it a go

If your friend likes the look of either, PM me as I don't think you're all that far from me. The tag along has never been used, so should be spotless. The Trailgator is well loved, but in perfect knick.

Advertisement