Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campagnolo Compatible Cassette

Options
  • 06-07-2022 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

Currently running 13 - 29 and could do with a few more options for the hills.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced campagnolo compatible 10 speed cassette in the 11/12/13 - 34 ratio range.

So far I've only come across 10 speed cassettes with an upper ratio of 29.

Thanks in advance. YH

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

thats the only one I know of and they're pricey. Officially they're only rated for 29t cassette I had thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

you'll need a new rear derailleur too. Assuming your current one is a short cage?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I don't think you'll find one. Miche and BBB do Campagnolo compatible cassettes, but the widest spread I've seen made by anyone is 11-29, mainly because, as far as I know, all Campagnolo 10 speed rear mechs were specced for a max of 29 teeth. Back then, anyone who was looking for smaller gears would install a compact or a triple. Wider spreads only became a thing really with 11 and 12 speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Thanks all. Looks like I need to buy another bike so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

You could change your chainset to one with compact chainrings (50/34) or a triple chainset which would give you much lower gearing (if you are running a standard 53/39 chainset).

• Advertisement
Advertisement