Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20kVA ducting for new meter

Options
  • 06-07-2022 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I can't find a specific answer in the ESB docs, which may suggest there's no difference, but I just want to be certain. The 50mm red ducting ESBN specify for their cable running to the meter in domestic connections, do you use the same size ducting to the meter for 20kVA domestic connections? Or should it be wider. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparcocars

This will all depend on the design selected by the esb designer. ESB networks will need to be consulted and i recommend this before installing any ducting. There is no standard cable for any MIC (the KVA) as a number of factors have to be considered by the esb designer.

For example, in some scenarios the cable required for this level of supply will be small and a 50mm duct will suffice but in other scenarios a larger cable may be required to be used by esb and a 125mm duct may be needed for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Does ESBN do a code of practice anymore or is that gone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparcocars

https://www.esbnetworks.ie/search?indexCatalogue=esb-networks-search&searchQuery=Code%20of%20practice&wordsMode=AllWords

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭plasterman

Thanks.

This is a meter move and an upgrade. The electrician isn't certain, there's no answer in the docs and ESBN are frustratingly vague and non-committal on the phone (basically 50mm is fine unless it isn't, which is no help), so so far it's impossible to get answer in documentation or from qualified personnel. I think the simplest thing to do is run the 50mm ducting and ask them to come out and look it over before we pick a date for the install. If it needs to come up it's not a big deal, it's probably the quickest way to get this done.

Advertisement