Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K Games

Options
  • 06-07-2022 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭

This thread on the games section doesn't get much traction but might here with more basketball fans. If anyone is on PlayStation and fancies a few games online whether that's play now or team up for park games /rec. Feel free to add me zero-cool-ire

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,690 ✭✭✭Corvo

I'll give you an add. Beware, I am absolutely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

As long as you can press the pass button, that makes you better than 90% of people online :)

Gamestop local stores taking preorders now for 2K23. 80 euro for base game, 110 for Jordan edition and 160 for Champ edition. MJ edition comes with 100kVC and a bunch of other boosts. Champ edition comes with the same as above but also a year of NBA League pass and ingame MJ go kart.

To anyone getting the Champ edition for the league pass, you can buy directly from 2K with free shipping or from PlayStation/xbox stores digital for 150. Gamestop have decided to add 10 quid into rrp for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hi, do you know if you order from the PS store if you get a digital or physical copy?

It's just digital version from the PS store.

• Advertisement

2K had a community day for content creators last week where they were shown Jordan Challenges and the new my player builder. They can show Jordan Challenge gameplay today and builder stuff tomorrow so some good videos out there. The old era filters look class but glad they can be turned off, would definitely get hard to look at the bluriness.

The new 3 bar adrenaline system looks like it will be a game changer for guards spamming dribble moves. So far, the Jordan challenges look like a lot of fun.

May I just say, I hate Patrick Ewing in the first Jordan challenge. I play on Superstar against the AI before bumping to Hall of Fame once I get a hang of it, but Ewing is driving me insane.

I haven't even tried the jordan challenges yet but heard the Ewing game was tough. Gonna try it tonight. I'm finding the game is the best 2K in years but career has definitely reduced how much VC you get from quests while bumping up the price to upgrade your player. I went with a Durant build at PF,. A position i never use in 2K but having a lot of fun with it. Decent dribbles and shooting with great finishing and blocking/boards. I've never played Rec/Pro-am but really want to this year but feel i gotta at least get my player to ah 85 (77 at the moment).

Even enjoying MyTeam this year which i don't usually play.

Anyone here on PS5 fancy a few Park/Theatre games some evening? I was playing last night with one of the lads in the Games forum, it was good craic. Latency meant shooting timing is a liability though so we mostly stick to close shots in the paint.

• Advertisement

The Jordan Challenges are proving to be that - challenging! I hate 2k and their money gouging ways (especially bad this year) but they've put a lot of love and detail in this mode. Its obvious that the team working on it had a real passion for it and it shows. Each and every player is painstakingly detailed. I really hope they do a Kobe version of it in future releases.

Agreed, Jordan challenges are fantastic and it shows the love being poured into this game when it isn't being muddied by 2K greed.

Same with the W, that's actually a fun career mode and what the NBA career should be more like. No VC in sight, upgrade your player through playing games.

In regular career, I'm on my 2nd build, paint beast center which i love bit it's painfully slow to upgrade.

I usually love MyCareer but I am just finding these side quests for interviews, music etc. to be mind numbingly boring. Run from Point A to Point B non stop.

Yeah, I thought last year was a low point but at least you got regular VC rewards. This year, the quests are worse and hardly any VC given. Absolute waste and pure anti-consumer as the only benefit of this is Ad revenue for 2K. In a mobile game, fine, but not for an 80 euro game.

I'm a sucker for NBA 2K every year but really wished i had waited for a sale on this. I'll never learn.

Highlight so far is that me and another lad on boards have been playing park and theater games which have been a good laugh but could badly do with a 3rd person as a random who won't pass and chuck up awful shots ruins the fun.

I'm telling ya, as long as you can press the pass button and not force shots when being defended by 2 or more defenders, you're better than 80% of the community :D Both of our players are 90 rated PF's and we have wrecked 95> players due to just using basketball fundamentals.

I really want to use my new center build rated 77 but I'm the same, I feel he's not good enough to bring online.

Anyway, whatever you're rating, would gladly team up for some games, especially in theater with instant matchmaking and if we're in a squad, puts us all in a team together. We're on PS5, if you're the same, what's your username?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nicegood

nice nba 2k game

Sending out feelers again if anyone fancies teaming up for park/rec/pro-am. Myself and one of the lads is having some success but we keep getting landed with a random teammate who won't pass shoots contested 3's and doesn't play defense so we could really do with a 3rd if anyone is interested?

Advertisement