Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Sports fantasy football 22/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

I didn't do anything in the end. In hindsight I should have brought Ndidi in for Andersen and I would have just left him there. Might bring him in on Sunday and get one more match from Andersen.

I went down to 1253 from 913 so not too bad. I think a lot of people put in Maddison for Jesus or already had him. Wasn't impressed with Leicester at all. Wasn't really impressed with United either. Casemiro managed 27 passes in 31 minutes so I think he is one to watch if and when he starts!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Shocking weekend.

Apart from haaland who everyone has I had 10 players with either 0,1 or 2 points. Nothing from any of them. Bringing them in for an extra training session tomorrow morning

I got around 60 points in both my teams and fell a bit. Rashford and Brighton did the damage. I made another 2 transfers with an eye on the next few weeks so I think I am one transfer from what I would be happy with. I looked at Brighton a fair bit before yesterday's matches, I was put off Caicedo because he had no bonus the previous game weeks. Very annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Those with Brighton players-what’s the plan with the upcoming postponement? They have tricky fixtures after that-I might move Dunk onto Trippier

I put Dunk in my 2nd team. Can see me putting in Trippier for him. Newcastle keeping clean sheets and Trippier is dangerous from set pieces. No point in doing anything till we have clarity on the fixtures this week and next.

• Advertisement

Assuming the fixtures go ahead, think Dunk to Mitrovic would be a good move if the formation allows it. Fairly certain I am doing Salah to Kane for the 3 for 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

How many players do we have blanking this weekend? I have 5 😩 I think I'll move Alisson to Pope, with the idea to then do Cucurella to Maddison the gameweek after. Will probably hold on to Gross he's cheap enough for a mid and covers that captaincy a few gameweeks down the line

P.S. captain KDB or Kane? Kane at home to a Leicester side that conceded 5 in their last game away to Brighton. Or KDB who smashed 4 goals in the same fixture away to Wolves last season

🤔

I have 2, Van Dijk and Salah. Can't see the downside to putting in Kane for Salah. Will hang onto Van Dijk for a potential captaincy against Brighton after the break.

I put in Maddison a couple of weeks ago for that Forest match coming up. Don't want to be relying on a Forest player. Not sure who I would captain out of KDB or Kane. At least you get to see the captaincy with the Wolves match. I have Haaland so I have the same problem!

Pre all the cancellations my plan was Jesus to Mitrovic (and then captaining Salah v Chelsea). With the Liverpool game gone I’ll now hang onto Jesus for the captaincy and not make the Mitrovic move.

Ill probably end up just doing Dunk to Trippier this weekend and holding onto Salah-potentially could also do Salah to KDB but with Haaland in the team I’d likely never end up captaining KDB so not sure that move would be worth it

Arsenal City on October 19th is now postponed (due to europa game reschedule). So I definitely won’t be making the Salah to KDB move now

• Advertisement

I am bringing in Kane for Salah. Going without Mitrovic. I have 2 players in each team tonight so captaining 1 of them!

Great call on Maddison. I might look at Jesus to Maddison myself.

I already have Ndidi and Gibbs-White for the Forrest-Leicester game but not expecting much from either of them.

Thanks, I just didn't fancy only having a Forest player for these matches they have. I have Johnson and captained him on Friday when I should have captained Paulinha. I would put in Maddison. Maddison played very well against Spurs.

What are you doing with City and Arsenal for the midweek they aren't playing in? I have 3 City and 2 Arsenal I imagine like a lot of people. I don't have all the captaincies covered around that time either.

Yeah I’m also on 3 city, 2 Arsenal. Jesus will become Maddison. Then I’ll probably only move one more out-either Saliba or Ederson.

I have no coverage yet for either the Brentford v Brighton or West Ham v Bournemouth yet. I don’t think I’d want any of their keepers so Ederson will likely stay and I’ll see possibly see who I can move Saliba onto.

I think I will want a United player at some stage as they are playing on two Sundays when there are only two matches. I have Ederson too, it has been a bit annoying that he hasn't kept more clean sheets but I'd rather have him than Alisson. I think I might try to hang onto Saliba and get rid of Jesus but I think I want Jesus back in at some stage. Brighton midfielder and I am not sure about West Ham vs Bournemouth. It would be nice if West Ham started to show some form!

Yeah for that Bournemouth game I’m half considering a chain move from Maddison to Solanke. With the captaincy would make it a 5 for 3 until the WC (and Maddison will have City as one of those 3 games)

West Ham have 3 matches at home (including the Bournemouth match) and United away before the World Cup. You'd hope Bowen would hit some form because he is only 0.3 more than Maddison in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,609 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I think this will be the last year of the Sky Sports Fantasy League, given that they've got the Official FPL Data plastered on their broadcasts now from time-to-time

Did you bring in Maddison? Think I am opposing Forest going forward after last night.

• Advertisement

Up to 4.5k now after a pretty good gw. Got in Haaland (finally) and captained and got in Maddison and captained also. Nice to have transfers return immediately. 39 transfers left now hopefully can get to overhaul with no more than about 5 more used. How are we all getting on? Boards League has some very good scores

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

1.7k and 4.2k here, 36 and 38 transfers left. Went from 19k to 4.2k this week on the 2nd team so plenty of encouragement to keep ploughing away!

Stuck in the 1.5k to 2k range for about 4 weeks now on first team so it’s hard enough to make ground higher up....hoping that maybe half the teams in the top 1k are burning through their transfers !

Yeah brought Maddison in for Jesus. Next move is Ndidi to Zaha at the weekend.

its looking like I’ll probably skip the Brighton Brentford game despite Brightons good form

I still have Jesus I haven't decided what I am doing with him. Not sure how many City and Arsenal I want to take out. Probably taking out Ederson since he isn't keeping many clean sheets!

I have Jesus too. Crossed my mind that if he gets his 5th yellow against Liverpool, could take him out the next day for Watkins for a 5 for 1 on fixtures before getting Jesus back for his game against Forest.

Yeah I also have Ederson-I had looked at some replacement options but not seeing anyone really that I think will outscore him by much between now and the WC.

I had considered downgrading Cancelo to Fofana and upgrading Gibbs White to Foden but that loose plan is gone now with Fofanas knee injury.

I’ll likely now be sticking with both Ederson and Cancelo until the WC. I might move Maddison to Foden at some point to really load up on City for the 4 games pre WC.

Post edited by thunderdog on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I have no players tonight and struggling to see any value. Anyone obvious from Villa or Forest that I'm missing?

Hi, was away for a few days so wasn't keeping an eye on the football. I am thinking of putting in Martinez for Ederson for a 4 for 1 and then seeing how the land lies when City play again. Watkins is a differential alright!

I think if I put anyone in for Maddison it will be Bowen since they are similarly priced. Don't have anyone for this Friday yet.

• Advertisement

I have Johnson and am planning to put in Martinez but that's more to have an extra player playing when City and Arsenal have the week off. I can't see anyone that I would be that happy to have in to be honest. If I could get rid of Johnson I would! I only have him cos of all the single match days Forest had!

Advertisement