Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere in Ireland that stocks black or colourful wedding dresses

Options
  • 07-07-2022 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

The whole bridal look isn't for me and I've been thinking of wearing something more vibrant or perhaps black on my wedding day instead of the traditional white dress.

I found a brand called Adela Designs but struggling to find stockists other than wed2be who only have one or two of their more ordinary designs.

Anyone know of anywhere that stocks black/alternative colour wedding dresses?

I looked at JJs house but I'd be worried about the quality and the lack of an opportunity to try them on.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Is it just the colour you object to? If that's the case, you could look into whether it would be possible to dye a wedding dress.

If you also don't like the typical wedding dress designs, then you can get a dress from anywhere that you like, it wouldn't have to be a bridal shop.

Some dresses will come in different colours, but they tend to be close to white - gold, cream, pale pink or champagne would be the common other colours.

There seems to be a wedding dress shop in Sligo called Simone's that stock a black dress - eg https://www.instagram.com/p/CfqdM8JtD-E/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Yonce

There's a lady on Instagram, based in Dublin I believe. Miz_Rio is the name.

Some beautiful alternative dresses there

• Registered Users Posts: 16 atlastree

Thanks! I saw a news article about that shop and I thought it was funny that a black wedding dress made the news 😆

I like the idea of a ballgown style or maybe mermaid but just the colour. I could buy a secondhand white dress and dye and embellish it with lace etc. Apparently dying lace appliques can be a bit hit or miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 atlastree

Oh thank you!

I'd almost consult with a dressmaker, tbh. It depends on your budget of course, but getting a dress custom made might be a good option. I've heard it's not as expensive as you might think, but of course that depends on how complex the dress is. Equally, as you can, you could buy a second hand one and use a dressmaker to customise it (potentially).

• Advertisement

God there's some gorgeous stuff there 😍. This is reminding me of my previous dream of opening a wedding dress shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Yonce

Shes got some different peices alright 🥰

Does consultations in person or over zoom, not sure if she has rail stuff but I know she can make just about anything you want.

Advertisement